Summary: PROPOSITION: Since Christ is the Great Physician; your depraved heart can be surgically repaired by Him.
Your Heart is the “Matter”!
PROPOSITION: Since Christ is the Great Physician; your depraved heart can be surgically repaired by Him.
I. What is wrong with your heart?
A. Sin has been ingrained into your heart!
1. You have an inward propensity to pursue idols.
2. You have an outward expression of this pursuit for idols.
B. Sin has corrupted your heart!
1. Sin brings spiritual death.
2. Sin brings bondage.
3. Sin brings physical death.
II. What needs to happen in your heart?
A. God must perform a supernatural surgical operation.
1. God must purge me from my sin.
2. God must create in me a new heart.
B. You must allow God to perform this surgical operation.
1. You need to let God work on your heart.
2. You need to surrender to the scalpel of God.
III. How can you experience a surgically repaired heart?
A. A religion won’t change your heart!
1. The nation of Israel practiced religion but rejected Christ.
2. People today embrace various religions but reject Christ.
B. A relationship with Christ will change your heart!
1. This relationship is initiated by God’s grace.
2. This relationship is dependent upon the revelation of His Son.
3. This relationship will cause regeneration in the heart of the receiver.