Summary: This is the 2nd sermon in the series "Your".
Series: Yours (Malachi) [#2]
1. Worship (Webster’s Dictionary) 1: to honor or reverence as a divine being or supernatural power. 2: to regard with great, even extravagant respect, honor, or devotion.
2. Worship (Greek) [proskuneo] Literally means “to kiss, like a dog licking his master’s hand”.
3. KJV uses the word “service”. (Greek) [latreia] Literally means “to minister (to God)”.
4. We worship God by offering ourselves as a living sacrifice to Him.
5. Our text has several warnings concerning how you offer your sacrifice (worship).
Who Are You Worshipping?
1. Who deserves our worship?
2. Who should we focus on when we worship?
3. If any other thing is on your mind, are you able to focus on God?
Who Are You Trying To Fool?
1. Just bringing a sacrifice is not good enough.
2. God is very clear that we are to bring unblemished sacrifices.
3. Try offering your boss or spouse the same effort and concern that you offer God and see what happens.
Who Do You Expect To Accept Your Sacrifice?
1. Do you really think God will accept a blemished sacrifice? God would rather you not bother than to make ½ attempts.
2. Jesus is the Name above all names and you need to honor Him with all you have.
3. One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.
Who Do You Think You Are Dealing With?
1. When you got saved, God purchased you with the blood of Jesus and His blood cleans us up and makes us spotless before God.
2. How dare you offer God a blemished sacrifice when you can give Him your best.
3. Bottom line: You need to give God 100% and no less.
1. Christian, what are you offering God?
2. Lost person, you cannot worship God because He is not your Master. Your master is the devil.
3. Today, you can get a new master. Today is the day of salvation.