Summary: How can you have a right relationship with God?
Zophar, a Foe or Friend?
FCF: How can I have a right relationship with God?
PROPOSITION: Because Christ is the Christian’s mediator, you can enjoy sweet fellowship with God.
I. Acknowledge your sin! 11:1-4
Job is confronted with his alleged sin.
A. Is Job’s character flawed?
1. He is considered a guilty sinner (2).
2. He holds to his innocence (3-4).
B. Is Job a benefactor of God’s mercy?
1. God is aware of your sin (5).
2. God will make his point clear (6).
II. Refuse to live in ignorance of God! 11:7-12
Job is confronted with his alleged ignorance of God.
A. Daily embrace God’s wisdom.
1. His wisdom transcends the created universe.
2. The extent of His wisdom is unattainable by man.
3. Therefore, forget about disputing your case with God.
B. Continually remind yourself of God’s justice.
1. God will bring the guilty to justice.
2. God is Judge, investigator, lawyer and jury.
C. Realize God always knows the condition of your heart.
1. Job, God has detected a flaw in your life.
2. Job, it is impossible for you to become wise.
III. Reject the message of a false gospel? 11:13-20
Job is confronted with a prosperity gospel.
A. Job is called to repent (13-14)!
1. Prepare your heart through a changed inner attitude (13).
2. Turn away from your iniquity (14).
B. Job is motivated to repent for personal gain (15-20).
1. The prize for repentance.
2. The punishment for a refusal to repent.