Education: - Earned Degrees:
- Florida Junior College of Jacksonville, Florida - A.A.
- Edward Waters College of Jacksonville, Florida - B.A.(Elem. Ed.)
- Trident International University - 2nd Masters in Progress
- Atlanta University (Interdenominational Theological Center): M.Div.
- Veteran Administration of Atlanta Georgia (Basic C.P.E.)
- Brook Army Medical Center - 1 Year Residency - (Advance C.P.E.)
- Post Graduate Education: US Army Command and General Staff Col
Comment to those looking at my sermons: It’s my prayer that the thoughts (and blessings) generated from reading these sermons will be shared with others.
Check us out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/chaplain.harris
Follow on Twitter @GreenPMCGS
Sermon or series that made a difference: - "Giants, Keep on Coming 2010"
- "Tell Somebody"
- "Good Grief"
- "So, Your Preacher is a Woman?"
- "Iron Men"
- "GOT Milk?"
- "Cornelius’ House"
- "Not a Nickle to My Name"
- "Pornography: Top of CHU View"
- "The Wilderness Experiences"
One of my favorite illustrations: "Love Isn’t Love Until You Give It Away!"
"This situation that you’re in, may have caught you by surprise; but it didn’t catch God by surprise."
"In everything give THANKS for this IS the Will of God concerning Christ Jesus in YOU - 1 Thessalonian 5:18"
Family: - Only Child of The Late Kenneth Rodle Harris, Sr and Mrs. Doloretha Lucille Farmer Harris
- Married for nearly 28 years to Dedra Yvonne Williams Harris of Jacksonville, Florida
- They have three sons and a daughter-in-law: Kenneth Rodle Harris III (22 & married) a graduate of George Mason University; Kendall D. Harris (19) Sophomore (Pre-Business) at University of Texas, San Antonio; and Kendric Devonte’ Harris (13) and Eighth Grader at Paceti Bay Middle School in St. Augustine, Flori
What my parents think of my sermons: My parents, Kenneth Rodle Harris, Sr., and Doloretha Lucille Farmer Harris, are both deceased.
Best advice given to me about preaching: - "Live what you preach ... the devil CAN QUOTE scriptures, but he can’t live it."
- "It (trial, tribulation, and or unique circumstance) may have caught you by surprise, but it didn’t catch God by surprise".
- "Love Isn’t Love, Until You Give It Away".
Books that have had an impact: - The Purpose-Driven Life and The Purpose-Driven Church by Pastor Rick Warren
- "The Present" by Dr. Spencer Johnson
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- The Will To Meaning: Foundations and Applications of Logotherapy by Viktor E. Frankl
- The Secret of Happiness by Dr. Billy Graham
- Sermon Books authored by Dr. Henry & Ella Mitchell (former Homiletic Professors at the Interdenominational Theological Center of Atlanta, Georgia)
Hobbies: - Enjoy spending quality time with wife and three sons
- Former Junior College Basketball Player
- Enjoy writing and building sermons
- Enjoy Biblical Studies/Marriage and Family Counseling
- Enjoy conducting Marriage Retreats with his wife for Soldiers and their families, pastors and their churches.
If I could Preach one more time, I would say...: - "When We Pray God Moves; And If We’ve Prayed,
God Has Already Moved."
- " ... One More for Jesus ..."
- God is W.O.W. (Worthy of Worship)!
- "Heaven is Multicultural"!
What I want on my tombstone: Purposely Driven to impact Christian lives in a Multicultural and Spirit-filled way for Jesus Christ