Summary: When the rubber meets the road, we are at a Crisis of Belief. Will we trust God or Grumble?
CRISIS OF BELIEF
Coming to a place where you have to make a decision about your faith.
Israel’s 8 Crisis’ of Belief
INTRODUCTION: The Israelites have been living in Egypt ever since Joseph’s brothers came back to him during the famine. Pharoe loved the Israelites, but now there was a new Pharoe who placed the Israelites in bondage and slavery. God sent Moses to set them free. After the ten plagues the Israelites are set free. Though God had set them free, Israel and Moses came to several points in the wilderness wandering, between Egypt and the promised land, that they had to come to a crisis of belief. Believe in God or doubt He is able.
The wilderness can represent several issues of life. Today let’s envision the wilderness this way:
(a) Egypt = Bondage to Sin
(b) Wilderness = Time on Earth
(c) Promised Land = Heaven
As long as we are on the earth, even after we’ve been set free from bondage we still come to crisis’ of belief. There were eight specific crisis of belief for Israel. Let’s look at them and how they relate to us today.
I. GOD ABOUT TO DISPLAY HIS MIGHTY HAND -
BACKED AGAINST THE RED SEA 14:10-14
1. Pharoe’s Army Has Israel Backed Against The
2. They were terrified, God said if they would
trust him He would deliver.
3. Would they trust God and survive our doubt Him
and die. They were obedient and crossed Red
4. They weren’t in bondage anymore, but weren’t
in the promised land yet. God desired to move
His Mighty Hand
5. As believers we aren’t in bondage anymore, we
aren’t in the promised land yet, God desires
6. As Christians we come to a place that we are
against the Red Sea and we need to see Mighty
Hand Of God.
7. YOU ARE AT A CRISIS OF BELIEF - Today will you
trust God in your crisis. Will you trust Him
to move His mighty hand like He never has
before? Will you doubt Him and just continue
8. Will you trust God and survive or will you
doubt Him and die.
II. GOD MAKING BITTERNESS SWEET
- THE BITTER WATERS OF MARAH 15:22-26
1. First of all the Israelites had traveled
for three days without water. They were
2. They got to Marah and there was water, but
it was too bitter to drink!
3. When believers get tired, we get
4. GET DISCOURAGED AND WANT TO GIVE UP!
5. We all get tired, we all get discouraged,
6. CRISIS OF BELIEF - When I’m tired,
discouraged and overwhelmed will I DOUBT
GOD, WILL I GIVE UP?!
7. BITTER EVENTS IN LIFE - ONLY GOD CAN MAKE
8. ROMANS 8:28 All things work for the good of
those who love Christ and are called
according to purpose.
III. GOD SHOWING HIS PROVISION IS BETTER THAN OUR PAST
- RAN OUT OF FOOD 16:2-4
1. THE TEMPTATION TO GRUMBLE AND BLAME OTHERS
2. THE DANGER OF COMPARING YOUR PAST IN
BONDAGE WITH THE GOODNESS OF FREEDOM
a) We sat around pots of meat, ate all the
food we wanted, now we’re gonna starve.
b) But they were in bondage and God was
setting you free.
c) Don’t look back and try to glorify your
past!! God’s provision is sweeter than past.
d) You may have had more money - your marriage