Summary: How does one strengthen and grow in faith?Expository sermon based on Psalm 131 with a backup application passage from Luke 18:9-17
1. It begins when I recognize my weakness and humble
myself before God. (vs. 1a)
a. God is more interested in my availability than
b. There is no place in God’s kingdom for my
2. My faith will work best when I allow God to be God,
and learn to be content with His plan for my life.
3. Strengthening my faith will require quieting my
4. Growing my faith will require more godliness and
a. The soul is weaned when attention is taken from
one thing and given to another:
i. From the things of this world to things of
ii. From self-righteousness to the
righteousness of another.
iii. From sin to holiness.
iv. From self to God. –G.R.
5. Strong, Godly Faith will require my constant
devotion and focus upon God.
APPLICATION PASSAGE: Luke 18:9-17
KEY LIFE QUESTION:
Is God calling you this morning to take a step of faith?