Summary: Have you ever been tired of the devil missing with you, your family, your finances and your faith. Jesus is saying; Enough Is Enough! Have you ever been tired of using Drugs, Alcohol, going from man to man, woman to woman, or even job to job. Well, Jes
1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. 3Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread." 4But He answered and said, "It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." 5Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: "He shall give His angels charge over you,” and, "In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone." 7Jesus said to him, "It is written again, "You shall not tempt the LORD your God." 8Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me." 10Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve." 11Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.
This sermon can be used for groups, such as Alcoholics, Drug Addicts, Homosexuals, Church Groups, and Church Members etc. Not only was Jesus tried of the devil messing with Him, but His children ought to be tired of him as well. Always putting his nose in something that he has no business in. They should be tired of him stealing their Joy, they should be tired of him taking thing from you, they should be tired of him trying to kill you as well as your family and friends. If you don’t remember anything else about this sermon, remember that the devil will always try to give you something, or make you do something for him, so he can have power of you.
We know that John the Baptist baptized Jesus, and afterward, He went straightway out of the water and the Spirit of God descended on Him like a dove, and a voice from heaven said, this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. Then Jesus was led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit to be tempted of the (tempter) the devil. And after He had fasted 40 days and 40 nights, Jesus was hungry. Isn’t that like the devil, after you have fasted (no food), prayed (no sleep), and changed your ways (trying to do right). That’s when the devil really gets busy.
But, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
I. Be Prepared! – 1 Corinth. 2:9 (But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him").
A. He’ll always try to get you to do something else, then what you are supposed to do.
· He told Jesus to command the stones be made bread, so He could feed Himself. But Jesus said, It Is Written, man should not live by bread alone, but by every word that processed out of the mouth of God!
· The devil will tell you to stop trusting God, and God said to put all your trust in the Lord, and lean not unto your own understanding….
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
II. Be Patient! – Rom. 15:4-5 (For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. 5Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus).
A. When God is ready to exalt you; the devil always wants you to exalt yourself.
· The devil took Jesus up into a Holy city and tells Him, to cast Himself down, because God won’t let anything happen to Him. And then the devil even quoted a little scripture, he said; He shall give His angels charge concerning thee; and in their hands they shall bear thee up, least at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
· But Jesus said, It Is Written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
· When God tells you that you are going to be a great Preacher, Pastor, Healer, etc. That don’t mean for you to go out and try to make the way plain for yourself, so people can say; look at him with his bad self. No God is saying. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
III. Be Prayed up! – Phil. 4:6 (Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;)