Summary: A sermon about how being married is parallel to being part of the Church (God's body) Full sermons notes below. Audio and Video recording of preached sermon at https://faithandvictory.com/wife
• TITLE- I Love My Wife. Eph 5:28 Today is pastor appreciation! Thank you for appreciating us.
• Acts 20:26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent[e] of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. 28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church [g]of God which He purchased with His own blood.
• Hebrews 13:17 Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.
• Since Its pastor Appreciation—I want to preach what I want to preach. I want to talk about my bride
• Eph 5:28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
• I love my bride. She has been there for me. We talked about this for YEARS before anyone shows up
• Quickly how we met- totally tan- loving Jesus- brick by brick
1. I love my bride because I’ve given myself to her v25
• I can’t lie- I’m here to tell the truth- I’m a catch! Used to have a body like a greek god- no more
• Our whole marriage- I have taken care of my wife. Protected, supported,and provided for her.
• My wife has never had to work- now works for the church- but I have provided- Every month
• My whole adult life has been consumed with providing for my family- Its hard!
• First job out of the Army- the reality of having to be a provider- all my energy goes to my bride
• This scripture applies to marriage- Jn 12:25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
• Marriage only works when you die to self! You can’t live for yourself and love your bride
• Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
2. I love my bride with the word of God because I want her to grow spiritually v26
• My marriage has always been based on the Bible- and we have grown over the years-
• But we had to keep the bible in the forefront of our life! We talk about scripture all the time
• 2 Peter 3:18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
• My bride would not be the woman that she is without the WORD- She LOVES IT
• If you come to our house you’ll see her raggety bible- no one wears out Bibles but My wife!
• 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
• The Bible is KEY to ANY Marriage relationship- No bible- No growth. No LOVE nothing!
• My Bride is all bible all day. NO bible, no growth. When we no use Bible- we go sideways.
• Do things the Bible way- get the Bible results. (gabe telling a lie- getting told about hell)
• Romans 15:4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
3. I love my bride because I want her to make heaven v27
• 1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
• Heaven is the goal! I want to go to heaven- I want my bride to Go to heaven!
• Because I love her, I don’t try to create problems in marriage. I don’t gossip about my wife. I don’t fight with my wife. I don’t want to be the reason to incite anger in her.
• My bride and I rarely fight, and if we do, we make amends QUICKLY-don’t let the sun go down
• Why would I fight with my bride? Why would I hurt her? I could ruin her and not make heaven
• Matthew 25:34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: