Summary: Joy comes in the morning
JOY ALWAYS COMES IN THE MORNING
Psa 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
The great thing about tomorrow is that it always brings something new, tomorrow is never really the same as the day before.
1. Here's one of those vrses that's known for bringing comfort in times of trouble & trial, it has consoled millions of believers throughout the centuries.
& it's still very relevant today.
a.) This is a Ps & song of David & it was performed at the dedication of the house of David.
1. David begins this Ps by honoring God & thanking him for lifting him out of some type of pit.
(1) The word "lift" here means "to let down a bucket, to draw water"
(2) & so this shows us that the pit he was in was figuratively deep.
-David was going thru some heavy stuff & God pulled him out, rescued, delivered him from the pit experience.
-You & I are not strangers to "the pit" experience, we've been in a few in our lifetime.
b.) In vrse 2 David continues to honor God by saying, "when I was down & alone, hurting, I cried out to you & you heard me & healed me."
1. Is'nt encouraging to know that when you're praying in those times when you're down, alone & hurting, God hears you & heals you!
- It's encouraging to know that none of our tears go un-noticed.
- It's good to know that our weeping is not ignored !
-The bible tells us that God collects our tears & puts them in a book to be numbered & recorded never to be be forgotten. (It's called the book of remembrance)
2. & so every tear that you have ever been shed is remembered by God !
- You know those times when you were hurting & all alone & you began to cry over your situation, God remembers those tears & has gathered them & placed them in a book!!
- Every tear caused by a broken heart & been placed in a book never to be forgotten!
Ps 56:8 You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book? (NKJ)
c.) In vrse 3 David expresses to God that he really thought he was going to die, he was at the edge of the grave (sheol).
1. But, he felt like he was brought back to life, given a second chance, given a new lease on life, born again & this is all connected to tomorrow !
2. How many of you thank God for saving your life..being saved!
3. Your today is different from your yesterday & you’re not the same as you were yesterday !
- & tomorrow in the morning is a big mystery, but at the same time exciting because you never know what God has in store for you = blessings
d.) Now, In vrse 4, David is calling on everybody to give thanks to God in view of his love & tender mercy.
1. David is calling for a praise party, he wants everybody to get their praise on & celebrate the goodness of God !
2. He wants to celebrate the "holiness" of God, but not in terms of His hate for sin (& God hates sin), but in terms of his divine compassion he has towards those that find themselves in times of trouble !
e.) This next vrse is a vrse that we can find comfort in, especially in those times when we feel down, all alone & hurting.