Summary: Memorial Day is about remembering the dead Memorial Day is about remembering the living So I encourage you to take time and reflect
Starting in 1970 Thomas Monaghan had a vision
• And that was to grow his small pizza chain in MI into one of largest
• And in 1985, that pizza company “Domino’s” was the 2nd largest pizza company in America.
• When he was asked how he accomplished this
• Monaghan explained, “I programmed everything for growth.”
• Every day we develop people
• Because The key to growth is people.”
• It’s Not special cheese, / tasty crust, / fast delivery- It’s People!
Where do you think he came up with this idea that people were so important?
• I don’t know where he got his idea
• But I know where the importance of people first started.
• IT STARTED WITH OUR CREATOR
Ge 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
God said, “Let us make man in our image.”
• God didn’t say, “Let us make the dog in our image,“
• “Let us make trees in our image.”
• God made mankind the most important thing in all of His creation!
God’s emphasis in scripture has always been on people!
• God wants all people to be saved !
• If He didn’t love people
• Then why did Christ die on the cross for the sins of people?
Tomorrow is Memorial Day
• So today I want to ask What does Memorial Day weekend mean to you?
• Extra time off from work? A three-day weekend? Eating? Grilling out? Fun time? The Indy 500?
• Or perhaps remembering others?
ILL.- At a commuter train station a policeman noticed a woman driver with her head bowed over the steering wheel in obvious discomfort. The police officer asked her, "Is there anything wrong?"
• Half crying and half laughing, she said, "For ten years I have been driving my husband to this station every morning to catch this train.
• THIS MORNING I FORGOT HIM!"
The worst forgetfulness of all is to forget people!
• One of the biggest lessons that we need to learn is that God didn’t put us here for us!
• God put us here for others!
• This Memorial Day weekend we need to be concerned about others for their good!
• IT’S ALWAYS GOOD TO THINK OF OTHERS, TO LOVE OTHERS, AND TO REMEMBER OTHERS!
In II Timothy 1:3-5 we see that Paul remembered his friend Timothy.
2Ti 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.
2Ti 1:4 Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.
2Ti 1:5 I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.