Summary: The new year has arrived, we need to "Go Forward" in our lives.
The end of a year is coming and we will be introduced to a new year very soon. At the end of one year and the beginning of a new year is a time of remembering.
• Magazines will be producing onetime publications of the past year.
• TV will have programs with a brief synapses of what had happened in this past year.
• The news media will be reviewing the major and minor events of the past year.
• The newspaper will produce articles and pictures about the past.
• Even you and your family and friends will be discussing what has happened over the course of one year.
• It is very important to remember what has happened to us in the past
• In the bible they use to put stones and name the location as a reminder of what God had done.
• Our society today builds memorials to people who have done great things in the past.
• Now, instead of stones we use statues. In Washington DC there are many memorials. Some to people, others to special events that accrued in times past.
We have many Memorials here as well. They may not be in statue form but you can see them.
In my family alone many great things have happened.
• I have had a Great Aunt and Grandmother pass a way this year.
• My Dad got remarried.
• My business is consistently out of the red for the first time in 5 years.
• I am now the Sunday School Secretary for South Carolina.
• And Travis! I now have a child that was not here last year. He is 8 ½ months old.
In 2006 we have broken in a new building. Within this last year we have be come accustomed to our new building. It is now our major place of worship in our minds. We have progressed mentally out of the old buildings into this one. This building is a memorial of God’s goodness to our church.
We have had a number of new people enter our doors. From the Easter program, to the Christmas program, to Kidz JAM, etc. God has opened a lot of doors for us to witness.
We have seen some great healings. From broken arms, to black fingers, to great actions of faith.
As we look Back, all of this is evidence that God has been with us through this Past year.
gone by or elapsed in time
belonging to the past
back away, to retreat; withdraw
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.
• Back is a past word, and Forward is a progressive word.
Positive terms are:
• “I can hardly wait for what’s about to happen”
• “I am looking forward to our trip”
And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
And Saul eyed David from that day and forward.
Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.