Summary: The beginning of his entry was great-celebrating that he was king of the Jews. They shout and praise him and laid down palm leaves liken to roll out the red carpet.
Palm Sunday 2012
1 ¶ now when they drew near Jerusalem, and came to Beth-page, at the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples,
2. Saying to them, "Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Loose them and bring them to Me.
3. "And if anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord has need of them,’ and immediately he will send them."
4. All this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying:
5. "Tell the daughters of Zion, ‘Behold, your King is coming to you, Lowly, and sitting on a donkey, a colt, the foal of a donkey.’"
6. So the disciples went and did as Jesus commanded them.
7. They brought the donkey and the colt, laid their clothes on them, and set Him on them...
8. And a very great multitude spread their clothes on the road; others cut down branches from the trees and spread them on the road. Palm /where get Palm Sunday
9. Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: "Hosanna to the Son of David! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!’ Hosanna in the highest! "Tell the daughter of Zion, ‘Behold, your King is coming to you, Lowly, and sitting on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.’"
It may seem strange Jesus now riding into Jerusalem instead of walking. For he and his followers walked 100’s of miles in 3.5 years of his ministry.
Great conquerors would come in riding on a prancing white horse after victory. But Jesus came in riding on a donkey’s colt unbroken, which signifies he came to declare peace.
The beginning of his entry was great-celebrating that he was king of the Jews. They shout and praise him and laid down palm leaves liken to roll out the red carpet.
I thought many Christians are like that at first they shout and praise the lord at first meeting then superficial experience wares off and often they become bitter.
How things can change in just a few short days, by Friday they where screaming crucify him and free the thief Barabbas.
I wondered why people change their minds. They meet Jesus with enthusiasm and then drift way. Why?
I am convinced that some people do not work with what is given then. We are to be light bearers.
Light Bearers-did you know according
Lucifer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Latin, from which the English word is derived, Lucifer (as a noun) means "light-bearer" (from the words lucem ferre). It was the name given to the Morning Star. Think about that.
12 ¶ Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13. for it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
My bible has a topic header before these 2 scriptures- You guest it! Light bearer.
Verse 12_ Paul states to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. He not saying you are the author or your own salvation.
8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God?
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Notice: we are his workmanship-
Created in Christ to walk in good works:
Why did Jesus take the ride into Jerusalem- knowing that at the end of the week that he would die?
1. Love us… God so love the world- sent his only son- to give us live- Jesus rode down that street because he loved us
2. Obeyed…In Gethsemane, he prayed not my will but your will be done
Jesus is the light of the world in him is no darkness! Lucifer
Should have been a light bearer- was in darkness because of his lack of love and disobedience. Therefore cast out to deceive the world.
Do you think in the beginning that people where liken to Lucifer who first love God and then turn away? Just a thought!
3. Jesus became the light bearer
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Share 4 things here:
• work – your calling as a Christian