Comments from those who are diagnosed with MS:
Skating in thin Ice
"When I coach my son’s hockey team, it’s hard for me to put one skate in front of the others. But, I persevere because MS won’t stop me from being a dad and taking care of my family."
- Eric, diagnosed in 2004
"Every day is different with multiple sclerosis. I never know if my body and mind will prevent me from living the life I want to live. I’ll never stop rolling on."
- Jason, diagnosed in 2002
"It’s hard for me to keep track of all of the things going on in my life. I choose to face this disease with strength, dignity and lots of sticky notes."
- Fotini, diagnosed in 2007
Fighting For My Future
"Multiple sclerosis, I am in my prime and I won’t bow to your demands. I may not be the young girl I was when I met you, but let me tell you, this shrew will never be tamed. I won’t quit."
- Imani, diagnose
Uprooted My Life
"MS has been trying to stop me in my tracks for nearly 40 years, but I never give up. When life doesn’t go as planned, I dig my wheels into the dirt and plow and plant."
- Martha, diagnosed in 1973 in 2006, Society Presidential Recipient
"Multiple sclerosis has stolen too many things from me, but it cannot take away my spirit, strength or dignity."
- Rick, diagnosed in 1991
I did it for you
Luke 22:19And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."
Some of our youth leaders and adults walked for a cure for MS at the Greenbrier last Sunday. Things I noticed as we walked
- Some walked very fast some very slow
- Some walked with laughter some walked complaining
- Some walked as an adult some walked as a child
- Some carried there stuff and some helped carry others stuff
What did we gain for Walking?
- We gained fellowship as we walked
- We gained Friendships greater
- We gained Hope that maybe that money will be enough to discover the cure
Why we Walked and Why you gave?
- We Walked for a Cure because we have compassion for others.
- We Walked for a Cure because we have passion, drive and commitment to succeed.
- We Walked to raise awareness for a disease that strikes individuals in the prime of their life.
- We Walked because It’s about doing more than you have to in life, to make someone else’s life that much better.
- We Walked because it’s about people. It’s about your community, your neighbors, your family and your friends.
1. Jesus did it for You. Jesus walked to Calvary for A Cure because of His Compassion
- Isaiah says his compassion is like a shepherd
- 11He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
2. Jesus did it for you he Walked to Calvary for a Cure because He was Committed
- Remember the Garden of Gethsemane
- , "Lord if it be thy will let this cup pass from me, but nevertheless not my will but thine will be done.
- He steadfastly set his face towards Jerusalem or the cross Luke 9:53
- Proverbs16: 3Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
3. Jesus did it for you he, Walked to Calvary for a Cause to Carry our Burdens
- Isaiah says, 4Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows,
- Days are filled with sorrow and care (sorrow and care) Hearts are lonely and drear Burdens are Lifted at Calvary Jesus is very near
4. Jesus did it for you, he walked to Calvary to make your life better;
- Jesus said, I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
- A. Jesus walked to Calvary to Cure our Separateness from God )
- 12remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners without hope and without God in the world. 13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.
- B. Jesus walked to Calvary to become the Fountain that cleanses
- "On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity
- C. Jesus walked to Calvary to become the Lamb that takes Away our disease
- John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
- D. Jesus walked to Calvary to become the One who makes it right. He not only wants to make all our wrongs right, but Jesus wants to make everything right. He wants to make us whole from MS and sin and he will one day.
- 25He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification(made right).