How to walk in the Dark? Palm 119:105-112
1. Erik Weihenmayer is an amazing athlete and adventurer. He’s kayaked all 277 miles of the Colorado River and through the Grand Canyon,
• He has climbed the face of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park.
• He has biked from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
• He has climbed Mount Everest. And this feat, he was featured on the cover of TIME magazine.
• Erik Weihenmayer is blind. Unsighted. Can’t see. He knows how to walk in darken times days, years.
2. The Word is essential to walk in dark times
• The Psalmist says, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path,” he writes in verse 105.
• The Dark times, Sometimes it happens — we’re in the dark. We’re clueless. In unfamiliar territory no lights, no markers, guidelines, , white roadside stripes, a flashlight, a smartphone or night-vision googles.
• Such times in our lives can be terrifying. They immobilize us stop us frustrated
• Dark times are like in verse 10 “the wicked have laid a snare for me, but I do not stray from your precepts.”
3. When driving in Dark Times unfortunately some of us or times we have low beam on
• Night driving we need a clear view of the road ahead.
• You don’t want surprises. You want clarity. You want a nice, wide view.
• Some of those Night driving times are in Rainey foggy weather and vision is blurred
• Things in life that blurry our night vision is creating drama, I am right and no one else matters, Lust for Money, Porn, Bad Habits, desire for a person who is not your spouse, staying out of the Light House Church.
4. How can I walk through the Dark?
• Remember the Psalmist said, “Your Word is Lamp”
• I remember I am in Covenant “have sworn an oath , to observe your ordinances”
• I remember Your Word Its Holds my life 109 I hold my life in my hand continually,
but I do not forget your law. The Word holds(Grips, Rules, controls) my life
• Your Word Give one Joy 111 Your decrees are my heritage for ever; they are the joy of my heart.
5. Walking or Driving have High Beams on
• High Beam Driving giving service to others;
• High Beam Driving living life with words that encourage not judgmental
• High Beam Driving walking in humility self-denial I don’t know it all
• High Beam Driving is outrageous kindness and generosity
• High beam Driving making life less difficult for others
• High beam Driving is practicing spiritual piety
• High Beam Living is grateful for the smallest of things
• High Beam Living is Your Word is my Lamp, Although I am afflicted Your Word, Although I am in distress Your Word is my Lamp, Although I am tormented I am in covenant with Your Word is my Lamp, Your Word holds (grips rules controls)
• The value of Scripture is that it teaches and instructs us: “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be skilled, equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
• God’s word is given to us to guide our feet along our daily and sometimes treacherous path.