Summary: To Peter and John it may have seemed as if all was lost, but after they were taken because of the witness and power of the Holy Spirit in their ministry...they went back to some home folk and the place was shaken!
Peter and John had healed a crippled man and were teaching multitudes about the resurrection power of Jesus Christ. They were taken before the Sanhedrin and accused of false teaching and heresies, but because they could see the crippled man that wasn’t crippled anymore and because the multitude were so united in their efforts to praise Peter and John for the God they served and the Jesus that they taught about – they could not keep them or punish them. That is when they went back to their own people and they began to PRAY!
Power Points: Before the incident we need to set up the scenario
1. They lived the life - Peter & John had healed a crippled man
2. They were obedient in spite of adverse circumstances - They had been taken after they had been preaching that Jesus rose from the dead
3. They glorified God - When taken before the Sanhedrin they gave God the Glory
4. They reached out to man - They witnessed the reason for Christ was salvation for men
5. They were protected by the favor of the Lord – They were not punished
6. They had hearts that were pure - They asked for the power to be effective witnesses
Text: Acts 4:31-33
1. a motion produced by winds, storms, waves, etc
a. to agitate or shake
b. to cause to totter
c. to shake thoroughly, of a measure filled by shaking its contents together
2. to shake down, overthrow
a. to cast down from one’s (secure and happy) state
b. to move, agitate the mind, to disturb one
I. Filled With The Holy Ghost And Spoke The Word Of the Lord With Boldness
A. God came in the house
B. The Holy Spirit filled the people there with a peer pressure breaking boldness!
II. They Were Of One Heart And One Soul
A. They had the same spirit of God
B. They were experiencing the same thoughts and emotions
III. There Was Great Power And Grace Upon Them
A. They had supernatural power moving through them
B. The place was subject to the power - It was Shaken!