Summary: God wants His children to be fruitful and joyful. V8,11. But this can be only achieved by Abiding in Christ. Abiding is a reciprocal principle, when we abide in Christ , God the Father is glorified and in return we will experience the fullness of Joy.
Title: THE JOY OF ABIDING IN CHRIST
Text: John 15:1-11
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
We are saved to serve, v17 God saved us and ordained us that we should bear fruit, God wants His children to be fruitful and joyful. V8,11. But this can be only achieved by Abiding in Christ. Abiding is a reciprocal principle, when we abide in Christ , God the Father is glorified and in return we will experience the fullness of Joy. Abiding means to remain, to stay, to continue, to cling, to hang on, to keep on going.
I. WHAT IT MEANS TO ABIDE
1. Abiding means to Keep looking unto JESUS Hebrews 12:2
2. Abiding means to remain or stay serving in the midst of trials and persecution
3. Abiding means to keep on doing God’s will no matter what’s the cost.
4. Abiding means to cling unto the LORD in good times and bad times
5. Abiding means to rest upon the Lord and cling unto His promises.
Abiding requires Commitment, Patience, and Endurance.
II. THE DANGER OF NOT ABIDING
1. We become FRUITLESS v4 “ cannot bear fruit except it abide “
2. We become POWERLESS v5 “ apart from me , you can do nothing”
3. We become USELESS v6 “ and is withered “
4. We become WORTHLESS v6 “ they are burned “
III. THE BLESSINGS IN ABIDING IN CHRIST
1. Fullness of Provision :We will experience the constant care and provision of the LORD v1 “ He purgeth it “
2. Fullness of Life : We will experience FRUITLFUL or ABUNDANT LIFE v 5
3. Fullness of Answers :We will receive answers to our Prayers v7
4. Fullness of Service :We can render to God glory and Service v8
5. Fullness of Love : We can experience God’s Love to the Fullest v9-10
6. Fullness of Joy : We will have Joy to the Fullest v11
Sermon of Pastor Yolito “ Ting “ de Gracia
Landmark Missionary Baptist Church
Caloocan City, Metro Manila , Philippines
e-mail : email@example.com