Summary: A genuine experience with the Lord will change you immediately, you will go away different then you came!
1 Sam 10:1-11 (vs 6, 9) — The Miracle That Can Take Place in a Moment
1 Sam 10:6, 9 — "And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man . . . And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day."
1) Background: We often only here of Saul’s ending
A) Chpt 8: Rejection of God by Israel (God never intended His people to be like other people)
B) Chpt 9: God spoke to Samuel (Prepared a feast)
C) Chpt 10: Saul’s anointing (Not only did he give him promises, but he gave him landmarks all along the way) Signs would follow
II) The promise was given that the Spirit would come upon him and Saul would be turned into another man
A) The Spirit has not changed in His workings with man — we receive it differently
B) Old Testament — Moved on / New Testament — Tongues
C) Just as quick! — And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day (v 9)
III) You can have a life transforming experience take place before you leave here
A) Came bound — Set free / Came empty — Filled / Liberty bruised
B) Contact with the power and presence of God will cause you to walk away differently
1) Jacob wrestled with the angel — never walked the same / staggered the rest of his life under the influence of God
2) Eph 5:17-18 — Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit
IV) Heb 13:8 — Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
A) Demoniac of Gadare — clothed, and in his right mind (Mk 5:1-20)
1) Change was immediate — didn’t take days . . . weeks . . . months . . . years . . .
B) Leper / Withered hand / Dead / Storms — Immediately
C) There’s a change when He comes
1) Disciples on the way to Emmaus — Didn’t go back the same way they came
2) Ez 46:9 — Leave different then came
3) Zech 14:6 — Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD
V) One touch of the Spirit and Saul was changed — had a new heart!
A) Not weeks later — when he turned to go away
B) He wants to do it tonight — My testimony / healing