Summary: Essentials For Growth
A. Represent Christian Righteousness.
1. Jas. 2:17 "faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."
2. Rom. 8:2 "Because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death".
3. Eph. 4:24 "Put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness".
B. Offer The Ministry Of Reconciliation
1. Mark 16:15 "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation".
Every believer has been given the command to go into all the world and preach the great news to everyone, everywhere
2. 2 Cor 5:18 "this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation"
a. God has given you the ministry of reconciliation.
b. The English word "reconciliation" comes from the Greek word "katallage" and means to be renewed in friendship.
c. To be reconciled to God means to have God not just as Lord, but as a your friend!
C. Fulfill The Will Of God.
1. 1 John 2:17 "The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."
2. Matt. 12:50 "For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, and sister, and mother"
a. Doing the will of God is a very vital matter. The man who does his will abides forever. The one who is spiritually kin to Jesus does the will of God. The man who does the will of God is the one who shall enter heaven.
3. Phil. 2:12-13 "Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose"
a. The true Christian endeavors to seek God’s will for His life and to perform it. God not only works in us to save us; he also works in and through us to fulfill His purpose in the world. He continues to energize us through His Spirit that the divine life implanted may be the instrument of his will.
D. Lead Others Into A Saving Knowledge Of Jesus.
1. John l:42 "And he brought him to Jesus"
a. It should be the supreme desire of every redeemed individual that every other individual know the atoning power of Christ also. He should want to be instrumental in bringing others to Jesus.
2. John 4:42 "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and know that this man really is the Savior of the world"
a.The woman at the well of Jacob went immediately to bring her villagers to Jesus. Every Christian should be a proclaimer of good news, possessing the impulse of the woman at the well that others know Jesus also. He should want his fellow man to experience the blessings of the discipleship that he finds so rewarding. The Great Commission is for every Christian, not just those in full-time church related vocations or those on a foreign mission field. He should possess a love for souls that is akin to that of God himself. Every Christian should be an evangelist.
E. Perform Works Of Service.
1. Matt. 23:40 "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these bothers of mine, you did for me"