Summary: We are involved in a war. It is a war against terrorism. This a look at the true source of terrorism?
Introduction: We are in a war! We may not be carrying a weapon physically, but we are armed none the less. The battles that are being fought around the world are part of an ongoing war against evil. President Bush was right on when He stated that Sadaam Husaan was evil. For the basis of everything he stands for is from the evil one himself. Everything that the terrorist régime stands for is evil. Jesus said to the evil of His day; John 8:44 "You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
The Bible says clearly in 2 Tim 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” The primary purpose of terrorism is to strike fear in the hearts of others. They want to kill, steal, and destroy. Their ultimate goal is to eliminate Christianity, and the knowledge of the true and living God.
I. Satan is nothing but a terrorist!
A. The enemy comes to kill, steal, and destroy.
1. Can you see the correlation between terrorism and what the Bible says about the devil.
2. Terrorists are out to kill, to steal our security, and to destroy our freedom of worship.
B. The enemy tries to bring a spirit of fear.
1. Again terrorism preys on the fears of the unsuspecting.
2. The devil goes around like a roaring lion.
C. The enemy is full of lies. You can’t trust him.
1. Not only do terrorists live a lie, but they try to convince others that their lie is right.
2. The enemy wants you to believe a lie!
II. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal.
A. We must fight in the spirit.
1. We have an obligation to pray for our leaders and our military.
2. We must intercede for those who are on the front lines of battle.
B. We are facing a spiritual battle against spiritual forces.
1. Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
2. The devil is out to destroy, but God is on our side
C. This is a religious, or rather, a spiritual war.
1. Those forces that oppose Christ and Christianity are out to destroy any nation or people that embrace Christ and the truth.
2. Why do you suppose the Muslim’s are involved in 29 out of the 41 wars that are ongoing?
III. We have a war going on right here at home.
A. It’s the war within each of us.
1. Those things that oppose the truth fight against spiritual enlightenment.
2. Our carnal man is at war with the spirit.
B. Our own mind, our thinking is our own worst enemy.
1. Rom 8:5-7 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
2. The enemy tries to bring fear to our mind. He wants to destroy our reason, and kill our faith. He would like to steal our relationship with God.
C. Bring every thought into captivity.
1. Don’t allow your imagination to run rampant.
2. Don’t allow your mind to be manipulated by secular thinking.
3. Don’t allow yourself to be deceived by relative values.
We must be men and women of God. We must be ruled by Godly thinking which will produce Godly attributes if we want to win the war against evil. Jesus said; John 16:33 ”These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."