Summary: Scripture grants much more freedom to women than the historical church allowed them to have, but does that freedom include the permission to teach men?
(The views expressed in this teaching are not necessarily those of Freedom Bible College, Concepts of Freedom Ministries, or any affiliations, ministers, faculty, or staff thereof.)
A. I ask your forgiveness in advance as this message is going to seem harsh at some points. (Those who know me personally or have even read my material know that I am not in the business of condemnation.)
B. I also want to state that this is not a personal attack against anyone. I love my brothers and sisters in Christ. I am merely standing for what the scripture teaches.
C. Since the early to mid 20th century, one of the changes that has taken place is the appearance of women preachers & teachers. Some see it as wonderful while some see it as horrible.
D. The only way to determine the truth is by examining the Bible and letting it provide the final answer. The Scriptures clearly teach that there is a distinction in the roles God wants men and women to fulfill.
E. When either men or women fail to fulfill their God-given responsibilities, they are in rebellion against God.
F. Regardless of what some say, men and women are different in more ways than just the obvious.
1. Mentally -- Men are good with mental three dimensional manipulation, while women are better at doing multiple tasks simultaneously).
2. Verbally -- 100% of women’s oral noise is verbal. Only 60% of man’s is (The toolman had it right; men like to make noise -- grunt, grunt, vroom, vroom).
3. Differences in responsibilities (no time to go into it -- look up the following scriptures.)
a. Responsibilities of men (Ephesians 5:25-33, Ephisians 6:4, Colossians 3:18, I Timothy 5:8).
b. Different responsibilities of women (Genesis 3:16, I Corinthians 11:3, Ephesians 5:22 & 33, Colossians 3:18, Titus 2:4-5, I Peter 3:1-6)
4. There are many other differences.
G. Read text.
H. Some ignore this passage. Others make wild charges that Paul was a male chauvinist, but this same Paul also wrote...
1. I Corinthians 14:37-38 -- "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant."
2. Galatians 1:11-12 -- "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
3. Paul wrote what God told him to write!
I. We must not argue with God nor compromise with those who do.
J. Cannot pick and choose what we want to accept and reject in the Bible. It’s either all truth or corrupt.
K. As the scripture says, we must let those who are ignorant be ignorant. We cannot force people to accept the truth.
L. I Timothy 2:11-12 -- "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1. Some have invented ingenious arguments in their attempts to get around this passage, but we must ask, did God reveal the truth through His apostle or not?