Summary: THE MUST OF THE NEW BIRTH
Pastor Allan Kircher
Shell Point Baptist Church
June 29, 2014
You Must Be Born Again!
Intro: People who are far from God
• Nicodemus was different
• Purpose driven life book
• Buying the book..not homeless….but normal people…
• Nicodemus….was one of those…
In this passage, one/best known/NT, Jesus/personal encounter with a man named Nicodemus.
• Most powerful/influential men in all of Israel
• Eavesdrop/conversation/Lord Jesus/Nicodemus today
• Hear/ourselves the great truths Jesus shared with this man.
I. v. 1-7 THE MUST OF THE NEW BIRTH
The New Birth!
• become/common language of America
• 70% of Americans claim to be born again.
• Literally means “to be born from above.”
• Born again…used and abused….media
Carries the idea of getting a fresh start, a new life from Heaven.
• We call “being saved” or being “born again”
• Titus 3:5, Titus uses/term “regeneration”
• Means the same exact thing!
• When you are regenerated, you get a new life!
• You get a new start!
So many people have this thing confused!
• They are seeking reformation
• They are trying to “turn over a new leaf”
• “get a new lease on life”.
Reformation is just whitewashing
• Regeneration will wash you white!
Reformation will put new cloths on a man
• Regeneration will put a new man in his cloths!
What the world needs, what you need, and what I need is regeneration!
• If you have been born only once/you are going to die twice!
• if you have been born twice, you will never die
• death has been swallowed up in life
• confused the mess of Nicodemus
Nature Of Humanity –Old Nicodemus has received a lot of criticism for approaching Jesus at night.
• Nicodemus came to Jesus…why….
• Jesus flipped tables, miracles…..why…
• Why didn’t he send his assistant….
• You must see Jesus yourself…..
• He came to see Jesus at night.
Scholars thought……fear others would see him….valid!
Some say Jesus was booked for the day.
• It is indicative of us today…
• Daytime….we got it together…
• Night….long for something more
• Most people have their act together in the day…
• But in the night….not physical…spiritual condition.
• When you’re alone by yourself
• You know something isn’t right.
We know what to say, how to act, impress, during the day.
Many thought to be Christians, but struggle/same pattern of sin.
• Over and over again.
Maybe you made a commitment young/but no change.
When night comes you think…..there should be more.
He came humbly…complimenting Jesus……..Rabbi