Contributors
  • Rev. Richard Norman

    Contributing sermons since Apr 12, 2008
Rev. Richard's church

White Stone Chapel
Penn Yan, New York 14527
315-694-8997

About Rev. Richard
  • Education: After 3 years of undergraduate education with a major in business administration, I entered Carolina School of Ministry, affiliated with Nazarene Bible College. I completed the requirements for ordination in the Church of the Nazarene and was ordained in 2006
  • Experience: 25 years managing and owning auto repair businesses. 7 years of volunteer work with Promise Keepers in the 90’s 35 years of teaching, worship leading, bus ministry, mens ministry leadership and volunteering in various churches in the East. Currently a pastor of White Stone Chapel A Nazarene Church in the Finger Lakes area of New York.
  • Comment to those looking at my sermons: Preach the word, use anything I have without need of giving me credit. I preach heavily from the word of God and if I am truly listening to the Spirit of God, it belongs to Him anyway. I have had the benefit of using other’s messages and adapting them to my personal style or presentation, so do with these word what you would, but always seek the guidance from our Holy Spirit.
  • Sermon or series that made a difference: Nothing has ever done more for my personal development and understanding of the Love of God than when I read only the actual words of Christ for my devotions. To understand how He never condemned individual sinners, only the act of sin, or certain groups of people help me to overcome a sense of never being good enough.
  • One of my favorite illustrations: Einstein is reported to have closed a debate about the existence of God among the great minds of the day by having the participants determine how much of all there was to know was represented in that room. After discussion they agreed that they knew 5% off all there was to know. Einstein concluded by say, "Well gentlemen, what do suppose the odds are that God exists in the other 95%?"
  • Family: Pastor Rich is married with 6 children and 14 grand children.
  • What my parents think of my sermons: I grew up without any parents, meet my mother when I was 36, unfortunately she never heard my sermons. The only time she was present at a message I gave was her funeral.
  • What my spouse (really) thinks of my sermons: You would have to ask her, but she had never fallen asleep and I rarely preach the same message over again.
  • Best advice given to me about preaching: Prepare, spend at least 10 to 20 hours a week on your messages, but after preparation, trust the Holy Spirit and preach from the heart.
  • Books that have had an impact: The Holy Bible of course Out of literally hundreds of great books, Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell has had the most profound effect of my thinking. Whatever became of Holiness by Steve Deneff and In A Pit with A Lion On A Snow Day by Mark Batterson are two of my most recent favorits.
  • Hobbies: Roller skating, music, singing
  • If I could Preach one more time, I would say...: There is no greater life to live than one lived in the will of God.
  • Something funny that happened while preaching: The week after preaching about GPS, "God Positioning Spirit" and telling everyone in the church they could set their watches by the atomic Clock I had put in the back, a member pointed out the clock was off due to a bad battery. A lot funnier at the time.
Browse All

Newest Sermons

  • Enter The House; If We Build It; They May Come

    Contributed on Jan 10, 2012
     | 1,887 views

    So the building is finished, what do we do with it? Today's message is going to be about this building, where we gather together weekly, sometimes more than once. What is its' purpose; this building and the people who gather together within its' walls?

    Enter The House If We Build It; They May Come John 1:29-37 Part 6 of 6 in the Series THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH Introduction The top of our website, just under the name is the phrase; “More Than A Church, A Family!” We are going to discover this morning the purpose of the house of ...read more

  • The Cap (Or The Roof) (Cont.) The Purposeful Preparation Of God’s People

    Contributed on Jan 10, 2012
    based on 2 ratings
     | 1,850 views

    Last week we studied the principle of evangelization of the lost. I mentioned during the sermon that in its’ preparation I realized that there was another aspect of evangelization that I noticed in the passage of scripture just prior to my text.

    The Cap (or The Roof) (cont.) The Purposeful Preparation of God’s People John 1:29-37 Part 5 in the Series THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH Last week we studied the principle of evangelization of the lost. I mentioned during the sermon that in its’ preparation I realized that there was ...read more

  • The Cap (Or The Roof) The Purposeful Action Of The Church

    Contributed on Jan 10, 2012
     | 1,724 views

    The Staff, The Foundation, The Walls, and now we cap our series with our Third and very important purpose of the Church, The Evangelization of the lost. In this series we will call this part, or this action “The Purposeful Action of the Church”.

    The Cap (or The Roof) The Purposeful Action of the Church John 1:29-31 (NIV) Part 4 THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH Introduction The Staff, The Foundation, The Walls, and now we cap our series with our Third and very important purpose of the Church, The Evangelization of the lost. In this series ...read more

  • The Walls

    Contributed on Jan 10, 2012
     | 1,821 views

    Last week I talked a lot about how God works in us and as long as we have built on the right foundation, it will not matter what is built on that foundation, even if it is wood hay and stubble, we will be saved. The main point however was that we can have

    The Walls A Study of Rev. 4:9-11 Third in the series THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH Introduction: Last week I talked a lot about how God works in us and as long as we have built on the right foundation, it will not matter what is built on that foundation, even if it is wood hay and stubble, we ...read more

  • The Foundation

    Contributed on Jan 10, 2012
     | 3,334 views

    We can ask ourselves questions like, “Why do I exist.” With that questioning nature, we must ask at times, “why does the Church Exist?” It is not enough just to say “to glorify God.” While this is true, there is so much more to the question; “What is

    The Foundation 1 Cor. 3:10-15 Part 2 THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH During this past week I have either handed to you or e-mailed you a list of questions. If some how I was not able to get one to you there are copies here to take home. (If you are listening to this message on the web site, you ...read more

Browse All

Newest Sermon Series

Browse All

Newest Sermon Illustrations

  • Years Ago A Young Black Child Was Growing Up In ...

    Contributed on Oct 6, 2009
     | 585 views

    Years ago a young black child was growing up in Cleveland, in a home which he later described as “ materially poor but spiritually rich.” One day a famous athlete, Charlie Paddock, came to his school to speak to the students. At the time Paddock was considered “ the fastest human being ...read more

  • Let Me Close With This Story From Rick Labate ...

    Contributed on Apr 12, 2008
    based on 1 rating
     | 552 views

    Let me close with this story from Rick Labate King Henry III grew tired of court life and the pressures of being the king so he applied to a monastery to be accepted for a life of contemplation. The religious superior said to him, “Your Majesty, do you understand that the pledge here is one of ...read more

  • One Man Challenged Another To An All-Day Wood ...

    Contributed on Apr 12, 2008
     | 605 views

    One man challenged another to an all-day wood chopping contest. The challenger worked with all his might, stopping only for a brief lunch break. The other man had a leisurely lunch and took several breaks throughout the day. At the end of the day, the challenger was surprised and somewhat ...read more