1. I will not kill anyone unless I have to.
2. I will take cash and food stamps—no checks.
3. I will rob only at night.
4. I will not wear a mask.
5. I will not rob mini-marts or 7-Eleven stores.
6. If I get chased by cops on foot, I will get away. If chased by vehicle, I will not put the lives of innocent civilians on the line.
7. I will rob only seven months out of the year.
8. I will enjoy robbing from the rich to give to the poor.
This thief had a sense of morality, but it was flawed. When he stood before the court, he was not judged by the standards he had set for himself but by the higher law of the state. ...
Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Owen Bourgaize on Oct 18, 2000
When I was on holiday in the Canadian Rockies, I came across a notice board stating that on this spot was the division between two river systems - a raindrop would flow either to the Pacific or to the Atlantic Ocean. When we’re confronted with the claims of Christ, ...read more
Contributed by Lewis Petrie on Jan 3, 2001
Peter V. Deison, in his book The Priority of Knowing God, tells about Ramad, a man of India who was a member of a gang of robbers. On one occasion, while burglarizing a house, Ramad noticed a small black book containing very thin pages just right for making cigarettes. So he took it. ...read more
Contributed by Steve Heartsill on Oct 25, 2000
A pastor was called to a new church. The first Sunday the pastor was there, his message was taken from John 3:16. The message was entitled, "How to Be Born Again." The message was well received, but no decisions were made. The second Sunday, the pastor’s message was taken from John 3:16 and ...read more