Text Illustrations
True story happened Friday in Montreal

- A hospital patient who insisted on lighting a cigarette while hooked to an oxygen supply caused a small explosion, according to a hospital spokesperson.

The 73-year-old, who suffered minor burns in the blast, had been told not to light up but she ignored the warnings, said Luc Perreault of LaSalle Hospital Centre.

``She’s lucid and independent,’’ Perreault said yesterday. ``She’d been told. She read the directives about not smoking.’’

Flames were doused quickly after the blast occurred Thursday night and damage was minor.

One hospital worker suffered hand burns. Several patients were moved to another area of the hospital. The smoker was put in intensive care, minus her cigarettes and lighter.

Perreault said that under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the hospital did not have the right to remove the patient’s lighter before the accident occurred.

``We can’t take away personal belongings,’’ Perreault said.

``It’s not a prison.’’

The 73-year-old’s name was not disclosed.

Leadership of the hospital, those in charge told 73 year not to light up, but did it anyway. What happens? Kaboom!

Related Text Illustrations

Related Sermons

Browse All Media

Related Media

A Leap Of Faith
PowerPoint Template
A New Direction
PowerPoint Template