Answers given by 2nd grade school children:
Why did God make mothers?
1. She’s the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Timothy Peck on Feb 1, 2001
SIMPLE CONFESSION, PROFOUND FORGIVENESS In 1818 one out of six women who had children died of something called "childbirth fever." A doctor’s daily routine back then started in the dissecting room, where he performed autopsies, and from there he made his rounds to examine expectant mothers. No ...read more
Contributed by Melvin Newland on Feb 21, 2001
Tony Campolo says that his wife is a brilliant woman. She has a PHD & is capable of pursuing a very profitable career. But she elected to stay home with her children when they were young. Her decision didn’t bother her at all except when other women would ask, “What do you do?” ...read more
Contributed by Melvin Newland on Apr 17, 2001
In history, 160 years before the birth of Jesus, there is the story of the Maccabean revolt in Israel. Antiochus IV, King of Syria, had conquered Jerusalem, & he decided to destroy the Jewish religion & make the Jews deny their faith in God. Among the many things he did was to order the people to ...read more
Contributed by Melvin Newland on Jan 3, 2001
Little children can come up with some very interesting ideas. Listen to what some children wrote to their mothers for Mother’s Day. Angie, 8 years old, wrote: "Dear Mother, I’m going to make dinner for you on Mother’s Day. It’s going to be a surprise. P.S. I ...read more
Contributed by Steve Malone on May 10, 2001
A teacher was trying to teach her class a lesson about fractions. After the lesson she tested one of the boys who was in a large family. Johnny, she said, There are 6 people in your family. Your mom bakes a pie, and she cuts it up for you, what percentage of the pie will you receive? Johnny, ...read more
Contributed by Melvin Newland on Mar 13, 2001
Little foxes are getting through the cracks & crevices of our homes, & they have been opening the way for its destruction. As a result, today's homes are often not what God intended them to be. (Powerpoints available - #112)