Answers given by 2nd grade school children:
Why did God make mothers?
1. She’s the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Melvin Newland on Feb 21, 2001
Contributed by Melvin Newland on Apr 17, 2001
Contributed by Steve Malone on May 10, 2001
Contributed by Melvin Newland on Mar 13, 2001
Little foxes are getting through the cracks & crevices of our homes, & they have been opening the way for its destruction. As a result, today's homes are often not what God intended them to be. (Powerpoints available - #112)