* 'If strike isn't settled quickly it may last a while'.
* 'War dims hope for peace'
* 'Cold wave linked to temperatures'
* 'Child's death ruins couple's holiday'
* 'Blind woman gets new kidney from dad she hasn't seen in years'
* 'Man is fatally slain'
* 'Something went wrong in jet crash, experts say'
* Grammar often botches other headlines:
* 'Miners refuse to work after death'
* 'Milk drinkers are turning to powder'
* 'Quarter of a million Chinese live on water'
* 'Stiff opposition expected to casket-less funeral plan'
* 'Iraqi head seeks arms'
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Philip Makari on Jan 8, 2001
I once heard a humorous story about the Pope who was on a visit to America for a period of time. On his last day of the visit, he was delayed due to meetings and was unable to break away to catch a flight. Since he couldn’t depend on his Pope Mobile, he phoned for a limousine. When the ...read more
Contributed by Paul Wallace on Oct 12, 2005
BAPTIZING A DRUNK A man was stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he came upon a preacher baptizing people in the river. He proceeded to walk into the water and bumped into the preacher. The preacher turned around and, though almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, asked the drunk, ...read more
Contributed by Sermoncentral on Apr 12, 2007
"If you have made a mistake, cut your losses as ...read more
Contributed by Melvin Newland on May 16, 2005
I have taken some of my mistakes, & added some of yours - shaken them all together - & have reached the conclusion that there are at least 4 major categories of mistakes, & all 4 of them are found in the Bible. (PowerPoint Available -#152)
Contributed by Eldron Gill on May 26, 2008
Galatians 2:11-16, The pressure cooker of popular opinion