* 'If strike isn't settled quickly it may last a while'.
* 'War dims hope for peace'
* 'Cold wave linked to temperatures'
* 'Child's death ruins couple's holiday'
* 'Blind woman gets new kidney from dad she hasn't seen in years'
* 'Man is fatally slain'
* 'Something went wrong in jet crash, experts say'
* Grammar often botches other headlines:
* 'Miners refuse to work after death'
* 'Milk drinkers are turning to powder'
* 'Quarter of a million Chinese live on water'
* 'Stiff opposition expected to casket-less funeral plan'
* 'Iraqi head seeks arms'
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Philip Makari on Jan 8, 2001
Contributed by Sermoncentral on Apr 12, 2007
Contributed by Melvin Newland on May 16, 2005
I have taken some of my mistakes, & added some of yours - shaken them all together - & have reached the conclusion that there are at least 4 major categories of mistakes, & all 4 of them are found in the Bible. (PowerPoint Available -#152)
Contributed by Eldron Gill on May 26, 2008
Galatians 2:11-16, The pressure cooker of popular opinion