Duke University did a study on “peace of mind.” Factors found to contribute greatly to emotional and mental stability are:
· The absence of suspicion and resentment. Nursing a grudge was a major factor in unhappiness.
· Not living in the past. An unwholesome preoccupation with old mistakes and failures leads to depression.
· Not wasting time and energy fighting conditions you cannot change. Cooperate with life, instead of trying to run away from it.
· Force yourself to stay involved with the living world. Resist the temptation to withdraw and become reclusive during periods of emotional stress.
· Refuse to indulge in self-pity when life hands you a raw deal. Accept the fact that nobody gets through life without some sorrow and misfortune.
· Cultivate the old-fashioned virtues—love, humor, compassion and loyalty
· Do not expect too much of yourself. When ...
Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)