1. When the devil brings up your past, bring up his future.
2. The man who is fully surrendered to the Lord will never deliberately surrender to the Enemy.
3. When adversity is most ready to strike us, God is most ready to strengthen us.
4. The devil is an equal opportunity employer--all who work for him will go to hell.
5. The Lord adds and multiplies; the devil subtracts and divides.
6. Don't permit Satan to remind you of what God has already forgotten.
7. Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees.
8. There are two big lies that Satan has been perpetrating ever since the Garden of Eden. The first is that God is mean, vindictive, a spoilsport whose main role in life is to keep us from being fulfilled and happy--when we step out of bounds, he takes ...
Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Owen Bourgaize on Apr 22, 2001
It’s so easy to fall into the trap of complacency, of doing nothing, of ignoring the danger of being in a wrong relationship with God. There’s a legend where three demons are overheard planning how to get most victims for their master. The first said: "Tell the people ’There is no God’" "No, ...read more
Contributed by Rob Clifton on May 23, 2001
"You have established a new relationship with the powers of darkness. Whatever you were before you were a Christian- straight, horoscope reader, witch, warlock, or satanist- you are now a sworn foe of the legions of hell. Have no delusions about their reality or their hostility, but do not fear ...read more
Contributed by Evie Megginson on Jun 28, 2001
Writing in Moody Monthly, Carl Armerding recounted his experience of watching a wildcat in a zoo. "As I stood there," he said, "an attendant entered the cage through a door on the opposite side. He had nothing in his hands but a broom. Carefully closing the door, he proceeded to sweep the floor of ...read more
Contributed by Adam Cruse on Jul 18, 2001
“Life is war. That’s not all it is. But it is always that. Our weakness in prayer is owing largely to our neglect of this truth. Prayer is primarily a wartime walkie-talkie for the mission of the church as it advances against the powers of darkness and unbelief. It is not surprising that ...read more
Contributed by Dr. Stanley Vasu on Mar 3, 2003
This is a prophetic revelation that exposes the attacks of satan in the life of a beleiver in the areas of 1)SIN,2)SICKNESS,3)SUFFERING,4)STORM, 5)SUPPLICATION , 6)SIGHT and 7)SAYINGS .It helps a beleiver to recognise the attacks of satan and overcome the
Contributed by Michael Mccartney on Apr 9, 2003
We Christians need to understand that we are in a spiritual war. This war is for the souls of the lost who are all around us. These individuals need to be rescued from the enemy which is made up of spiritual forces of evil. It’s our job as Christian warri
Contributed by Antonio Silveira on Aug 20, 2003
The question everyone asks is “Can a Christian have demons within their body and soul or influencing them?” I saw many people influenced by demons in local churches. I’m not speaking of demonic possessions here, that is another subject. When a person com