THE DEFINITION OF BARBECUING
It’s the only type of cooking a "real man" will do. When a man volunteers to do the ’BBQ’ the following chain of events is put into motion:
1) The woman goes to the store.
2) The woman fixes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray
along with the necessary cooking utensils, and takes it to the
man, who is lounging beside the grill.
4) The man places the meat on the grill.
5) The woman goes inside to set the table and check the vegetables.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.
7) The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
8) The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
10) Everyone praises the man and thanks him for his...Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Charles Salmon on Aug 18, 2004
Dr. S. I. McMillan in his book, None of These Diseases "the verbal expression of animosity toward others calls forth certain hormones from the pituatary, adrenal, thyroid, and other glands an excess of which can cause disease in any part of the body. Examples are: ulcers, high blood pressure, ...read more
Contributed by Clark Tanner on Sep 23, 2004
Sin separates. Sin divides. Sin brings death to relationships and destroys fellowship. God unites. God brings oneness and unity. On the day of Pentecost, God reversed the Babel process, and with one language from heaven, He demonstrated that all in Him will be sharers of one divine ...read more
Contributed by Michael Raisbeck on Jul 18, 2003
Spurgeon (1) wrote, " I think I may say to every person whom I am addressing,-If you are yourself saved, the work is but half done until you are employed to bring others to Christ. You are as yet but half formed in the image of your Lord. You have not attained to the full development of the ...read more
Contributed by Abraham Shanklin on Jun 11, 2003
There is a story of a woodpecker who was pecking on a tree. Just as he flew away, lightning hit the tree and split it right down the middle. The woodpecker heard the noise, turned back, and said, “Look what I did!” A lot of us are like spiritual woodpeckers. We walk around consciously and ...read more