10. Is it really possible to introduce pyrotechnics gradually?
9. Do rhinestones and choir gowns ever make a positive statement?
8. Never enlist a Worship Leader with a Marilyn Manson tattoo!
7. While drums can be a welcome addition to any worship service, is it really necessary to have them rise out of the platform?
6. Visual Aids such as LCD projectors and new lighting can add to the impact of any service, but do lava lamps really create the right atmosphere?
5. Is it wise to issue laser pens to all the ushers?
4. The participation of every member in the worship experience is not only biblical, it’s essential. Having said that, never hand out tambourines to the entire congregation!
3. While it’s true that instrumental variety really adds to the worship...Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Richard Wafford on Apr 13, 2005
A.B. Simpson says in his book "A Larger than Christian life" and I quote: “It is all connected with a living person. We are not filled with an influence; we are not filled with a sensation; we are not filled with a set of ideas and truths; we are not filled with a blessing, but we are filled with a ...read more
Contributed by David Kirkner on Aug 22, 2005
Illustration: (Seinfeld re-run)Jerry was asking George if he told his female friend the truth when he (George) was describing himself (George) to the girl. George responded: "Yes, I did" and Jerry replied "As you see it" ... Later in the diner Jerry was leaving to tell his female friend some ...read more
Contributed by Lou Nicholes on Nov 8, 2004
President Nixon once told about talking to Winston Churchill’s son; he told him how much he admired the prime minister’s great ability at giving “extemporaneous” speeches. Churchill’s son replied, “Oh, yes. I’ve watched my father work for hours preparing those ...read more