Listen to these facts about a few Bible heroes:
· Adam blamed his wife for his problems.
· Cain killed his brother, Able
· After surviving the flood, Noah despaired and got drunk. (Now, think about it. After spending a year closed up in a floating barn, then finally getting out to see nothing but mud and destruction --- you just might feel the same way.)
· Jacob was a liar and a schemer (Besides having that dream about a ladder, he lied to his father and tricked his brother out of an inheritance)
· Joseph was an abused by his jealous brothers --- who sold him into slavery.
· Long after David killed Goliath, he had an affair and ended up committing murder to hide the evidence.
· The famous prophet Elijah became so depressed at one point that he was suicidal
· The devoted apostle Peter denied Christ when he needed him the most
The Bible includes accounts of just about any ugly, unmentionable sin known to mankind … from murder to rape to incest to infanticide. The Bible may be written about ancient times, but it is completely IN TOUCH with the human condition today. You will not see anything in REAL LIFE that’s any worse than the reality found in the Bible.