Joseph M. Stowell tells a story about his childhood.
• He says “Growing up in Hackensack, N.J., provided a variety of experiences for me.
• One was going to school with some of the rough kids from the neighboring town of South Hackensack.
• I recall one afternoon, playfully trading punches with one of the southside guys and having his punch actually land on my face.
• The blow jarred one of my front teeth loose.
• Thankfully, the dentist was able to anchor the tooth again, and I didn’t lose it.
• In fact, I was better off--the tooth had always been crooked, so the dentist straightened it as he worked.
• Sometimes the blows of life have a way of taking something crooked and making it straight.”