How to find volunteers for a ministry:
WHAT NOT TO DO:
1. Do not generally stand in front of your congregation and make a plea for help.
2. Never beg people to join your ministry.
3. Never invite someone to join your ministry team unless you’re confident in their abilities to fulfill the roles you assign.
WHAT TO DO:
1. .Ask your church staff and other trusted leaders for referrals of people they think would be a great fit for your ministry.
2. Talk with other people who know your potential recruit.
3. If everything checks out, approach the recruit and cast the vision for your ministry.
4. Invite the recruit to become a part of the ministry as a fly on the wall
5. If they agree to join the ministry, clearly set the expectations and responsibilities for that individual.
6. Set your standards high and keep ‘em there!
[source: http://timschmoyer.com/2007/03/05/how-to-recruit-ministry-volunteers, adapted]