Does this mean that bad kids = bad parents? Of course not.
1. Today’s society has this “Blame someone else” mentality.
a. “I spilt this McDonald’s coffee on myself, it was to hot”
b. Lets sue the tobacco companies for giving people cancer.
c. Lets sue the gun manufacturers for gun violence.
2. Jacob’s own sons tried this, their reply was self defense, Schechem had forced them to sin. This is never true.
3. Romans 12:21 states that such an attitude implies one has been “overcome with evil”
4. If I sin, for whatever reason I and I only am responsible for my sin.
5. We must take responsibility for our own actions.