A. During the days of prohibition, an evangelist was preaching against the evils of alcohol.
1. He demonstrated the destructive force of the demon drink by dropping a worm into a bottle of whiskey.
2. By the time the worm hit the bottom of the bottle, the worm was dead.
3. The evangelist asked the audience, so what does this little demonstration teach us about drinking?
4. A man who was obviously a little inebriated called out, “If you drink a lot of whiskey, you will never have worms.”
5. That’s not exactly the lesson the evangelist wanted them to learn.
From David Owens’ Sermon: Avoiding the Mistake of Alcohol and Drugs