ON THE ENEMY: BE ENCOURAGED
1. When the devil brings up your past, bring up his future.
2. The man who is fully surrendered to the Lord will never deliberately surrender to the Enemy.
3. When adversity is most ready to strike us, God is most ready to strengthen us.
4. The devil is an equal opportunity employer--all who work for him will go to hell.
5. The Lord adds and multiplies; the devil subtracts and divides.
6. Don't permit Satan to remind you of what God has already forgotten.
7. Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees.
8. There are two big lies that Satan has been perpetrating ever since the Garden of Eden. The first is that God is mean, vindictive, a spoilsport whose main role in life is to keep us from being fulfilled and happy--when we step out of bounds, he takes delight in making us pay. The second lie is that God really doesn't care what we do--probably doesn't know. And if he does, his business is to forgive us. He'll always forgive no matter what, so it really doesn't make much difference how we live and what we believe.
Source: B. Clayton Bell
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Jeremy Houck on Jun 18, 2005
It like the family that was down fishing at the pier one day, The dad was busy watching the rods and bobbers while his two sons, a 12-year old and a 3-year old were down playing along the dock. The 12 year old was supposed to be watching his little brother, but he got distracted. The 3 year old, ...read more
Contributed by C.a. Mccracken on Mar 22, 2005
Leonard Ravenhill penned these words in his book “Revival Praying” “Every church without a prayer meeting condemns us, every Bible daily unopened condemns us, every lost neighbor condemns us, every lost heathen condemns us, every dry eye among us condemns us, ...read more