Contributed on Apr 28, 2016
This is not a PC sermon. There comes a point in the lives of believers when we must speak what God speaks regardless of the consequences. Micaiah did exactly that. He is a hero to us and an example to follow.
1. People Pleasing The following is reported to be a true story regarding Berkley, CA: In 1990, the Berkeley City Council passed a law changing the name of Columbus Day to Native American Day because Columbus wasn't nice to the Indians. Of course, no Native Americans were asked if they wanted ...read more
Contributed on May 2, 2016
A sermon for Mothers Day in which we realize the powerful influence for good that mothers can have on their children.
1. One man described his mother's influence in his life: * My mother taught me RELIGION: "You better pray that will come of the carpet." * My mother taught me LOGIC: "Because I said so, that's why." * My mother taught me CONTORTIONISM: "Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!" * My ...read more
Contributed on May 9, 2016
God gives us dreams that we can achieve with his help. The world would crush us and our dreams, but God tells us to "keep dreaming!"
1. MLK, I Have a Dream (through 2.18 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vDWWy4CMhE) 2. We are challenged to keep dreams alive in a world that would crush them (and us) a. "Dreams don't die, only dreamers." b. The world says that you can't: * Set goals to Live righteous lives * Aspire to Teach ...read more
Contributed on May 17, 2016
In times like these we need to meet together to experience the presence of God, encourage one another, and evangelize the lost.
1. Hats: A University had a policy that if the professor was 10 minutes late for class...it was cancelled. But one day a professor put his hat on his desk and then went to the faculty room. He apparently lost track of time and when he arrived back at the class he was 10 minutes late and found it ...read more
Contributed on Jun 1, 2016
This is the final lesson in this series. It shows the opportunity we have to express joy, gratitude and God's glory through prayer.
1. Practice Champion golfer, Bobby Jones once said, "Have you ever noticed how much golfers practice? Smart businessmen have been quick to take advantage of that, developing public driving ranges where we can practice driving the ball, & putting greens where we can practice our putting." "But why ...read more