Contributed on May 31, 2017
We can leave a legacy through our participation in the community in which we live.
1. There is something inside of us that wants to be remembered. a. Reason for Monuments; Tombstones b. Reason for Family Stories and Traditions 2. Mr. Holland’s Opus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8E807R7GkI (4.07-5.36) 3. Jeremiah 29.4-14 I. Be Deliberate with Your Life (29.4-6) – 2 ...read more
Contributed on Jun 6, 2017
Our work is a means by which we can leave a legacy of influence in our world.
1. Ox and Mule: An old farmer plowed hard for many days with an ox and mule yoked together. The ox told the mule that they should play sick and rest. The mule declined saying, “No, we must get the work done for the season is short. But the ox played sick and the farmer brought him hay and corn and ...read more
Contributed on Jun 13, 2017
To pass on our legacy of faith to and through our children, we must Know God and Make Him Known to them.
1. OK City Survivor Tree The most-sacred symbol in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is a tree: a sprawling, shade-bearing, an old American elm. Tourists drive from miles around to see her. People pose for pictures beneath her. Arborists carefully protect her. She adorns posters and letterhead. Other trees ...read more
Contributed on Jun 20, 2017
This is the final lesson in our Leaving a Legacy Series. In and through the church we have an opportunity to make an eternally lasting legacy as living stones in the "temple" of God.
1. I have a three page list of activities of our congregation – are you surprised? We can leave a legacy as a congregation! a. Legacy happens when each does his part [“Tom” Benevolent Ministry at Twickenham CoC b. Discover your purpose and live it out – for Kingdom of God (not personal ...read more
Contributed on Jul 5, 2017
This is a "bonus lesson" to the Leaving a Legacy series. We can't really leave a legacy if we stop the journey. The lesson encourages finishing the race and focusing on what is important in the long run.
1. Annette White has written a book entitled, “Bucket List Adventures.” She also has a website that lists 800+ items on her Bucket List. She shows her progress through broad topics with specific actions like: • Adventure – Catch a wave surfing • Animals and Nature – Bathe an elephant; Chase a ...read more