Summary: 1. Lost Connection 2. Promise Of Abundance 3. Why the Lost Of Abundance? 4. Source of Abundance 5. Increase In Abundant Life
- George Bailey is all sparkle & ecitement as he realizes Mary Hatch in a new light
- He shares with her his dreams - 2:10:38
- Life sometimes gets in the way of our dreams
- Promised dreams have not come to past
George is about to end it all
1. Lost Connection
A light bulb is worthless without connection to the power source
Matthew 4:16 (NKJV)
16 The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned.”
John 10:10b (KJV)vv.
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
2. Promise Of Abundance
Super abound, in ecess
Not just rich but super rich
In quantity & quality
The best quality of life
Life is continually increased and strengthened
John 6:12–13 (AV)
12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
13 Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.
Ephesians 3:20 (AV)
20 Now unto him that is able to do eceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
1 Corinthians 2:9 (AV)
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
3. Why the Lost Of Abundance?
- Note the surrounding verses
John 10:8a All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers…
John 10:10a The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy…..
- We can be our own worst enemy
1. Steals for his own good
2. Inflicts injury – Seeking gain
3. Is out to destroy all for himself
4. Wastes the food that remains – Gifts & talent
4. Source of Abundance
1. Not found in us but in Christ
- Relinquish Control
Matthew 10:39 (AV)
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
Matthew 16:25 (AV)
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
2. Discovered Through His Word
Ps 119:162 (NLT)
162 And "I rejoice in your word like one who finds a great treasure”
- More than reading - Thinking it through it’s treasures
Ps 63:5 (GNB)
My soul will feast and be satisfied, and I will sing glad songs of praise to you. 6 As I lie in bed, I remember you; all night long I think of you,
3. Be Bold – Ask
Children don’t hesitate to ask for their desires
Why don’t we ask more from our heavenly father
John 16:24 (AV)
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
4. Enjoy His Blessings
Psalm 16:11 (AV)
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
5. Increase In Abundant Life
• When Sick – Recovery gives more vitality
- Strengthen your faith brighten your hope