Summary: Introducing Ephesians from Chapter 1
- PowerPoint upon Request
- PDF fill-in-the-blanks bulletin insert outline upon
A Defining Moment for Life
- June 1, 1980 - 2005, CNN -25 years of stories
- September 11, 2001, ended with the
deaths of more than 2,700 people in the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history.
- A defining moment for you today was to get up or stay in bed
- What you were going to wear
- To ask or answer the question of
- Whether College or Work
I heard about lived on the West Coast of America living in poverty until one day he found out that he was the only living heir to a British Nobleman. What do you think this guy did when he found out? Went to the clothing store and bought the best suit he could find, bought a 1st class ticket to London and returned to England in style!
He believed what he had been told was true and he began to act upon it!!
- It has been called "the crown of St.
- "The Queen of the Epistles,"
-The "greatest and most relevant of his
- W. O. Carver Southern Baptist theologian and
professor of missions said, "Ephesians is the greatest piece of writing in all of history." It may well be the "most influential document ever written."
- Oliver Green The Gospel Hour Radio Program
“Ephesians is the holy of holies of the Epistles
Unlocking Ephesians Power
- Chs. 1-3 - The call of the church
- My welfare
- Chs. 4-6 The conduct of the church
Emphasizing duty- My walk
- Begins with Grace & Peace - 1:2
- Ends with Peace & Grace - 6:23-24
Grace - A favor rendered by one who need not do so
- ‘that which brings delight, joy, happiness,
Peace - Wholeness, Well-being,
At rest, Satisfied
Unloading to Us – WEALTH
- Paul in prison yet abundantly blessed
3:1, 3:13, 4:1, 6:20
- v. 3 - Three times the word Blessed
- Key thought WEALTH
- Speaks of riches
1:7, 1:11, 1:14, 1:18, 2:7, 3:6, 3:8, 3:16, 4:7-8, 4:11, 5:14, 5:25,
Utilizing Ephesians Secret
v.4-6 All that the Father can give
v. 7-12 All that the Son can supply
v. 13-14 All that the Spirit can do
Where is the Father’s Son’s & H.S.
focus? ---- US
- v.3 “places” can be rendered things
Eph 1:20; 2:6; 3:10; 6:12
- Contrast this with earth’s temporal
over the heavenly blessings
1 We Have Satisfaction from the Father
2 We Have Sufficiency through the Son
3 We Have Supply with the H.S.
Unloosing Ephesians Blessings
1) Surrender to Christ
2) Get into the word
Saturate yourself in it
- It has power as the truth dawns on you
• But if you don’t know it- you’re not going to know the truth… and hence be set free
3) Know that God is on your side
- Over your lifetime he will work with you to bring you to the experience of this
4) Start transforming your mind.
- Act as fact. Act as though these things are true - because they are!
- Watch your thoughts
• This is serious! Don’t fill your mind with negative and horrible things. Watch what you watch, listen to
Philippians 4:8 (KJV)8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.