Summary: God laid our sins on Christ, hurled them into the sea, stomped them under His feet, threw them behind His back, blotted them out, refuses to remember them, takes them away as far as East from West, cleanses them, and nails them to the Cross.
10 THINGS GOD DOES WITH YOUR SINS
A. HUMOR: Why the Preacher got Arrested
1. A man lost two buttons from his shirt and put them in his pants pocket. But the pocket had a hole, so the buttons fell into his shoe. Unfortunately, the shoe sole also had a hole, so he lost the buttons.
2. When the man saw what had happened, he got so mad that he ripped the buttonholes out of his shirt and the pocket from his pants and tossed them in the trash along with the soles of his shoes. After looking in a mirror at the holes in his clothing, he decided to toss his clothes in the trash as well.
3. A policeman observed all this and asked the man for identification. The man produced a document that he was an ordained minister of the gospel. So, of course, the policeman promptly escorted him to a mental institution.
4. The minister protested violently, asking why he was receiving such unjust treatment.
5. "Look, it's the best place for you now," the policeman replied, "ANYONE CLAIMING TO BE A PREACHER, BUT WHO DOESN’T SAVE SOULS OR WEAR HOLY CLOTHES HAS PROBABLY LOST HIS BUTTONS!”
B. “WHY JESUS HAD TO DIE” VIDEO
C. THESIS & TITLE
1. That Original Sin of Adam & Eve didn’t just separate the human race from God, but it put into us a sinful nature. Every person is infected with the “germ” of sin, a “bent” toward evil.
2. Nothing can help us escape from the terrible consequences of sin. You ask, “Isn’t there some way we can get rid of our sin?” NO. The only way to cancel out the moral evil of sin is either for you to die for your sin or a substitute may die for it.
3. But, thank God, Jesus volunteered to atone for your sins! “But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son….Jesus Christ, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel” Gal. 4:4; 2 Tim. 1:10.
4. God wants YOU to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that your sins are forgiven! God doesn’t want you going around feeling condemned and defeated.
5. If you’ve trusted in Jesus Christ as your Savior, repented of your sins, and you’re trying to live for God the best you can, God wants you to know that your sins are under the blood and that you can walk in liberty & confidently say, “I AM NOW A SON/ DAUGHTER OF GOD! MY NAME’S WRITTEN IN THE LAMB’S BOOK OF LIFE. I’M ON MY WAY TO HEAVEN!”
6. Title: “10 Things God Has Done With Your Sins!”
I. THE FATHER “LAID THEM ON JESUS!”
1. “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all,” Isaiah 53:6.
2. First, we know that our sins are forgiven because they were all laid on Christ. He became the Sin-Bearer. Everything else God has done with our sin is the fruit of this one incredibly gracious and glorious act of God.
3. Jesus voluntarily offered himself to be your substitute, to die in your place on the cross, to suffer the judgment you deserved. The Father in turn reckoned Jesus to be guilty of your sins and liable to the punishment you deserved. He counted Jesus as guilty for your sins, even though he was innocent.
4. This is what we read in 2 Cor. 5:21 – “For [God] has made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.”
5. Divine justice concerning sin’s penalty was satisfied. Don’t ever think that the love of God means that the wrath of God was ignored. Jesus paid the price for our sins.
6. The second part of 2 Cor. 5:21 tells us that not only are we declared “NOT GUILTY,” but God went one step further and credited to you and I Christ’s infinite righteousness! God sees us ‘clothed’ with the righteousness of Jesus Christ!
7. So in God’s sight, not only are you forgiven, you’re perfectly righteous in His Son Jesus Christ! That’s why Paul said, “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus….For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death” Rom. 8:1-2; NKJV.
8. Since Jesus paid for our sins, God could do these other things with them:
II. HURLED THEM INTO THE DEPTHS OF THE SEA
1. “You will again have compassion on us; you will…HURL ALL OUR INIQUITIES INTO THE DEPTHS OF THE SEA” Mic. 7:19.