Summary: Four things for the inlightened to know
- PowerPoint upon Request
- PDF fill-in-the-blanks bulletin insert outline upon
2 Defining Moments
How To Put Your Design To Work
Having a computer Given programs but do not know how to run them
1) 4-7 - Satisfaction from the Father
2) 8-12 - Sufficiency through the Son
3) 13-14 - Supply with the H.S.
4) 15-23 - Spiritual Strength by prayer
- Prays not to be freed from persecution
- Not to have wealth, honor, pleasure
things this world offers
- Wisdom - Utilizing what you know
- Revelation - Unveiling of our God
• Note the three ‘WHAT’S”
The Hope of it’s Calling
Riches of its Inheritance
Power of its Abilities
1) The enlightened heart knows the Hope of it’s Calling
A man approached a little league baseball game one afternoon. He asked a boy in the dugout what the score was. The boy responded, "Eighteen to nothing--we’re behind." "Boy," said the spectator, "I’ll bet you’re discouraged." "Why should I be discouraged?" replied the little boy. "We haven’t even gotten up to bat yet!"
Hope Means - Anticipation
- The chances of you winning a lottery
jackpot are 1 in 4,000,000.
- The chance that you eventually are
going to die is 1 in 1
- There are no hopeless situations.
- There are only people who have
grown hopeless about them.
- "No one is hopeless whose hope is in
- 2 Cor 4:6-9
Calling Means Invitation -
- Jn 1:39 Christ’s first come was after
the disciples asked him where he dwelt Jesus said Come & See
- Mk 1:17 Come and I will make you
fishers of men
- Mt. 11:28 - Come find relief
- Jn 6:37 - Him that cometh to me I
will in no wise case out
- Come and see
- Come and do
- Come & Find
- Come & Be
- So literally Paul prays that they might know in their hearts the anticipation and excitement of Christ’s invitation-
His invitation is one to salvation
- Let me ask you - do you still have that anticipation or excitement about your salvation- or have you lost it somewhere down the line.
2) The Enlightened Heart knows the Riches of its Inheritance
1 Pet 1:3-5
• My Inheritance In Christ Is Never Ending Immortal
• My Inheritance In Christ Is Unspoiled pure and free from any deformity
• My Inheritance In Christ Is Never Fading Never diminishing – not losing quality
• My Inheritance In Christ Is Kept in Heaven
- Literally- to guard, protect by a military guard, to prevent hostile invasion.
- Protected by God’s own power!
3) The Enlightened Heart knows the Power of it’s Abilities
It’s surpassing Power of God toward us-
Power = Dunamis - supernatural power, explosive power
A. GOD HAS POWER WE EXPERIENCE.
It is a blood covenant that if anyone would trust in the power of this blood, they would receive
We don’t possess power, His power possesses us!
Resurrection power is power to overcome the greatest trial and adversity you will ever face.
God’s power is “great” mighty, explosive,
(megethos) we get the English word megaton, which measures atomic explosives.
God’s power is “exceeding”
Verse 19 (huperballon): surpassing, unlimited, immeasurable, beyond imagination.