Summary: DOES IT MATTER WHAT I DO HERE ON EARTH? The implication of the following verses is that treasures will be measured in heaven according to the deeds done on earth. So, YES!!!
Note: The act of service is done because you are a disciple of Jesus. This must be your purpose and motivating factor. Many people do good deeds, but not in the name of Jesus… these deeds are incomplete – not eternally rewarded.
(3) Mat 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.
Note: The measure of the reward is determined by the eternal acts that one has done on earth.
(4) Rev 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.
Note: The promise for the servant is a reward that Jesus will bring is His glory!
(5) Romans 2:6-8 God "will give to each person according to what he has done."  To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.  But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
Note: The reward for the servant is eternal life…
(6) 2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
Ask: What is due you? If God was to repay you for your deeds, what does God owe you? The Proverbs say, “He who gives to the Lord, lends to God?”
(7) Matthew 6:19-20 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
Illustrate: The graduation rings – stolen from College dorm room – knew who did it… but knew my treasure in heaven was to forgive the thief – for he could not pay for college because of his financial lack.