Summary: Twenty-five essential benefits of the gospel of Christ
Twenty-six essential benefits of the gospel of Christ
Cal Thomas Quotation - The most syndicated journalist in the U.S.A., Cal Thomas, was asked why is there not more improvement in the character, conditions and general well being of Americans? "I believe many people talk about the problems in the country but without the gospel there will be no "fundamental change in America". Unless people are changed from the inside out there will be little hope of renovating the economy, culture or the morality in our land.
Paul the apostle wrote, "Romans 1:16-17
Amplified Bible (AMP)
16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God’s power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek,
17 For in the Gospel a righteousness which God ascribes is revealed, both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed through the way of faith that arouses to more faith]. As it is written, The man who through faith is just and upright shall live and shall live by faith.
Some Benefits of the Gospel of Christ:
1. Glorifies God - I Cor 10:31 - Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. The gospel allows us to turn our hearts and minds toward glorifying God in every thought, word, and deed.
2. Grace is Sufficient - 2 Cor. 12:9,10 - My grace is sufficient for my power is made perfect in your weakness. The gospel gives us the supernatural enabling to do the things that exhibit God’s power in our greatest time of weakness, infirmity or suffering.
3. Gladdens the heart - 2 Cor. 12:9,10 - Most gladly therefore will I boast in my weaknesses that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For when I am weak then I am made strong. The less I have the more I depend on Him. The gospel gives us plenty of reasons to find that the joy of the Lord is our strength, health and help in the times of greatest need.
4. Greatness of God - I Chron. 29:11 - Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. The gospel empowers us with the fact that God is greater than any problem, person or predicament we face. He makes us more than conquerors through Christ who loves us and gave Himself for us.
5. Gifts Given Freely - Matthew. 10:8 - "Freely we have received therefore freely we give." Let us give freely in all ways as the Savior has freely given us all things to enjoy.
6. Goodness of God - Nahum 1:7 - The LORD is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him. John 10:14- "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me. Psalm 23 - Surely His goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." The gospel gives us all of God’s required righteousness, commendable virtues and the essential benefits that are an expression of the goodness of God in our lives.
7. Guarantees - I John 5:11-13 - And this is that testimony (that evidence): God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 He who possesses the Son has that life; he who does not possess the Son of God does not have that life.
13 I write this to you who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) the name of the Son of God [in [a]the peculiar services and blessings conferred by Him on men], so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that you [already] have life, yes, eternal life.
When we have the assurance of salvation we can rest secure in the foundation that we are already a child of God and are on our way to heaven because of what Christ’s substitutionary payment for the forgiveness of sin has done for us in the atonement found in the gospel.
8. Guidance - John 16:13 - But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. Thank God that the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth regardless of the deceit, deception and the delusional people around us are saying.
9. Guards - I Samuel 2:9 - He will guard the feet of his saints, but the wicked will be silenced in darkness. "It is not by strength that one prevails. God not only protects us from danger but prevents us from walking into precarious situations. The gospel teaches us that His ways always provide us with a way of escape so that we can bear up under any situation.