Summary: Examining why so many Christians have become inactive in the Church.
Scripture: 2 Timothy 2:1 –
Title: “4 ‘F’ Christians”
Introduction: During the FIRST two World Wars (1 – 2) a classifications system was used to determine which area of service the person would be assigned to.
Every person that was of the acceptable age received a CALL to Service beginning with an EXAMINATION!
Every person entering the Armed Forces of the United States of America had to undergo a thorough examination to make sure the person could withstand the rigors of war.
Every person was classified with a grading system and according to this system that person was accepted and sent on to be trained to be a soldier in a particular area of service.
One of the classifications was, “4 F” which deemed the person unfit for service.
· The problem could have been one of many different things, which disqualified that person from being a “Good Soldier.”
It is very evident that many Christians are becoming more and more reluctant to become “Good Soldier” in the army of God.
1. Fears: Good & Bad.
2. The wrong Fear: has a paralyzing effect on churches & individual Christians.
3. Why are we afraid? – Do we know who we are in Christ?
4. How’s your relationship with Jesus? – “Perfect Love . . . ”
5. What are we afraid of?
6. What would happen if you faced your fears?
1. Failure is a bitter pill to swallow and leaves a continuing scar!
2. Failure contributes to Fear to try again!
3. Failure also contributes to a person losing self-worth.
4. Failure doesn’t have to be final.
5. Success wouldn’t have any meaning with failure!
6. You haven’t failed until you stop trying!
7. “What we have here is a “Failure to Communicate” (Cool Hand Luke)
1. Just wanting to throw you hands up in the air a say, “What’s the use?”
2. Unfulfilled goals, Not enough time to get everything done, Never feeling Secure.
3. Anxious – Dissatisfied – Annoyed – Insecure – Falling Short.
4. Problems seem to never get resolved!
5. Complaints seem to be endless!
6. Criticism comes even when you have done your best!
7. Prayers never seem to get answered.
8. Unable to find the answers to your deepest needs, even in the Bible.
1. I believe this is the ‘Culprit’ that is causing so many ‘4 F’ Christians to fall by the wayside.
2. Everyone, young and old, are talking about how tired they are!
3. Burnout has become so commonplace it isn’t talked about much anymore.
4. Almost everyone is dealing with: Mental Fatigue – Battle Fatigue – Emotional Fatigue – Spiritual Fatigue – and especially, Physical Fatigue!
5. I’m worn out! – I don’t feel like going! – Just go on without me!
1. The disqualifying enemy of FEAR must be faced!
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” 1 John 4:18
“Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life.” 1 Tim. 6:12
2. The disqualifying enemy of FAILURE must be faced!
Ps. 51:3 “For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.”
1 John 2:1-2 “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
3. The disqualifying enemy of FRUSTRATION must be faced!
1 Pet 5:7 “Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.”
4. The disqualifying enemy of FATIGUE must be faced!
“Come unto to Me and I will give you rest. Learn of Me.” Mt. 11:28
“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isa. 40:31
2 Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.