Summary: This series deals with issue of being a Christian in more than name only. These messages are designed to show the believer what it really means to be a child of God and a called out disciple.
STOP TALKIN’ AND START WALKIN’
(Series Theme: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
We must understand that sin and disobedience has separated us from our position in Christ (Gen 3:9-15)… Just because you’re out of position doesn’t nullify your position… God is calling us to return to our rightful place/ position in Him… He has placed everything we need within us to regain our position in Him… But we have to do our part… (v 9b)
You need to understand today that we have to take the responsibility to position ourselves to receive what God has for His people, as we discipline ourselves according to His principles…
I. PERMEATED WITH THE POWER TO PLEASE (v 10)
- Have a desire to please Him in all things
- Bearing fruit in every good work
- Steady growth in the knowledge of God
- With fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and
II. PREPARED TO BE A PRINCIPAL PARTAKER (v 11-12)
- We are invigorated and strengthened with all power
according to His glory.
- This strength allows us to exercise endurance and
patience, perseverance and forbearance) with joy.
- This strength is what qualifies us fit to share in the
inheritance of the saints.
III. PLACED IN THE PROPER POSITION (v 13-14)
- We have been delivered out of darkness and has
transferred into the kingdom
- Our position is based on our redemption through His blood.
And because I’m in proper position, I now have the responsibility to walk worthy… In everything that He has called me to walk in… That means, I can’t afford to fake it anymore… I’ve got to come correct, or don’t come at all… God says,
I’m not playin with you…
I’m not begggin’ you…
I’m not goin to pump you up…
I’m simply going to DEMAND that you walk worthy… Why…? Because He’s worthy… Anybody know that He’s worthy…?
And because He is worthy, there are some things that you must do…