Summary: This is part 4 of a 4 part series, the GIFTS THAT GOD GIVES. We focus here on the spiritual gifts!
#4 The gifts that God gives! (Spiritual)
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
GOOD NEWS YOU CAN USE IF YOU CHOOSE!
1. Nothing is as bad as it first appears.
2. The Bible will still have all the answers.
3. Prayer will still work.
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff, by the way, everything is small stuff!
5. The Holy Spirit is still moving, TRUST GOD!
6. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
7. Fix your eyes on Jesus, don’t watch and judge other people!
8. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
9. You can not overcome negativeness, you must overwhelm it!
10. There will still be singing of praise to God.
11. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
12. Enjoy the scenery on your detours of life.
13. There will still be room at the Cross.
14. Feeble oaks from sickly acorns grow!
15. Jesus will still love you.
16. Doubt is the hell of the human soul!
17. Jesus will still save the lost. Jesus needs a vehicle of truth.
18. Difficulties are the things that show what you are made out of.
19. The smallest deed is better than the greatest intentions.
20. A bad mood is a way of punishing yourself!
As we have looked at the gifts that God gives, let us remember the gift is never more valuable than the giver.
21. The person that needs your love the most probably deserves it the least,
invest love in them anyway!
Often believers seek gifts, in my opinion the proper path is to seek the
PRESENCE OF GOD first and then the gifts will come with a proper attitude.
WHAT ARE YOU GIVING? HAVE YOU EVER GAVE WHAT YOU LOVED?
V. JESUS GIVES US THE SWEET COMFORT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD.
A. We believe that Jesus needed to go away, to return to the Father.
B. Jesus knew we would need a teacher, a guide, and someone to lead us when we faced danger and when we faced danger the Spirit would hide us.
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
C. THE COMFORTER WILL TEACH US TRUTH.
Truth will set us free.
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
D. Jesus left to send the Comforter.
We know Jesus made it to heaven because the COMFORTER HAS COME!
John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
VI. JESUS GIVES US VISION WHERE WE HAVE NO HUMAN HOPE. WE MUST EXPECT A MIRACLE AND DREAM BIG. WE NEED THE GIFT OF GODLY VISION.
A. THERE MIGHT BE THE REALM OF HUMAN VISION, BUT MY FRIEND WE NEED TELESCOPIC VISION THAT CAN SEE INTO THE REALM OF DIVINE POSSIBILITIES.
Proverbs 20:12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the Lord hath made even both of them.
B. DO YOU HAVE A DREAM THAT COULD SPEAK TO DRY BONES/ HOW ABOUT VERY DRY BONES?
Ezekiel 37:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
C. LET THE BLIND LEAD THE BLIND, AND WE WILL ALL FALL INTO THE DITCH.
Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
D. THERE CAN BE HIRLING VISIONS, AND THESE ARE GOOD.
THERE IS THE VISION OF THE SON...REACH HIGHER
GO FARTHER...TRUST THE UNSEEN HAND.
VII. WE HAVE SOME SWEET AND ENDURING FRUIT THAT GOD GIVES.
WE HAVE SOME FRUITS THAT ARE AUTOMATIC FROM GOD, AND THERE ARE NO LAWS TO LIMIT THEM.
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.