Summary: Let’s consider how getting stuck in a rut will hinder Divine Possibilities and Development! Get out of the rut of unforgiveness!
SPEAK TO GOD’S POSSIBILITIES:
DYING IN A RUT OF UNFORGIVENESS!
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
We are studying Divine Possibilities:
1. Climb into God’s Envelope; 2. Accept the Mantle; 3. Starving at a feast; 4. Let God!
5. DYING IN A RUT! When an unforgiving preacher preaches 6. Rising above the Minimum;
7. Rising above the scars; 8. Every miracle starts with a problem! 9. Walking in Divine blessings;
We are still treading in the realm of Divine Possibilities and we approach a very important
area for those that follow Jesus. Today we seldom reach above our potential and accept there is
more, there is the realm of Divine Possibilities! We must speak to this spiritual realm and reach
for God’s plan.
It is high time within the church that we speak blessing and release the Divine possibilities
that bring release. This is serious and we need to learn the power of blessing from the
Biblical point of view.
I want to tell you that I studied and typed 6 hours on this sermon, and was signing my name to the last line, when something happened to my work and it was all erased, it was all lost. What a heartache and frustration. I had moved in such an anointing and then it was all gone. What shall we do? Do it again!
Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him: IF THOU CANST BELIEVE, all things are possible to him that believes.
24. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said WITH TEARS, Lord, I believe; HELP THOU MINE UNBELIEF.
I. THE PROCESS OF METAMORPHOSIS. GOD HAS A PLAN.
HIS PLAN IS PROGRESSIVE AND MOVES US TOWARD GROWTH AND MATURITY.
WE CAN NEVER REACH OUR DIVINE POSSIBILITIES BEING STUCK IN A RUT!
A. Many years ago my oldest son had advanced from Little League and was playing baseball in a biggerleague. The ball field was bigger and on the other side of the park.
You had to park in the lot and walk a little distance to get to the field.
I was watching the team practice and noticed thousands of little caterpillars crawling across a muddy area on the side of the ball diamond.
Well, I love nature and I watched the caterpillars crawl across the mud.
As I watched, I projected ahead and thought someday these little fellers crawling in the mud, will ride the wind and fly, --- to never again remember the cold, damp mud.
The little caterpillars were enjoying the sun and crawling a distance.
As I watched I noted these ruts in the mud, and I saw some of the caterpillars crawl into the mud ruts and just seem to stay in the rut.
A little later, a city pickup truck came around and drove through the mud ruts.
Every little caterpillar stuck in the rut was trapped, and the pickup truck’s duel wheels smashed hundreds of the caterpillars.
The poor little caterpillars dyed smashed in the mud.
The poor caterpillar would never know the wind and the freedom and beauty of being a butterfly. God’s plan for the caterpillar would not be accomplished because the little worm died in the rut in the mud.
B. God had a plan for the caterpillars, it is called COMPLETE METAMORPHOSIS, or simply change.
Complete Metamorphosis has four stages:
1. EGG --- One day a Momma butterfly would lay her eggs on the underside of a leaf, and she would fly away and trust the plan.
2. LARVA --- The sun would warm the eggs until one day they hatched and they became ugly, crawly caterpillars. The caterpillars will crawl on the cold, wet ground.
But God has a plan that will lift this caterpillar into beauty and the wind.
The caterpillar eats and waits, waits and eats.
3. PUPA --- One day the plan makes a hugh change, the caterpillar will quit eating, and spin for itself a silk like cocoon. If you watched the cocoon you would think the caterpillar was dead. But in the cocoon, unseen by human eyes there comes about a CHANGE!
All those little legs and the worm like creature. There is great struggle going on with in that cocoon.
4. ADULT --- One day the struggling in the cocoon will stop, and out will emerge a beautiful adult butterfly. The butterfly will stand a brief time in the mud, but soon this new beauty will not feel the cold, damp ground, but the wind will call, and THE PLAN OF GOD IS
C. THE CATERPILLAR NEVER CRIED, I KIND OF LIKE THIS DIRT?
The caterpillar submitted to change, and the butterfly developed because of God’s plan.
Not a one of the caterpillars stuck in the rut ever knew the wind.
I will tell you God has a big plan for you.