Summary: Christianity is more than just a religion that you practice once a week; it is a lifestyle, a daily walk of faith with a living Savior. And that’s exactly how the early Christians lived and they turned their world upside down!
5 Marks of a 24/7 Christian
The Christian life is not a roller-coaster ride!
- Feeling high on Sunday and low on Wednesday
- It is a daily consistent walk with a living Saviour
- ’He walks with me and talks with me...’
- Notice the word ’daily’ in these passages of Scripture
- Fresh bread vs Stale bread
- Logos: Written Word vs Rhema: Inspired Word
- The Lord is an ever speaking God and He longs to communicate with His people
- Prayer is not a monologue; it’s a dialogue
2. A 24/7 Christian Is Passionate About The Cross
- The passion of Jesus is linked to his suffering and death. The only place the translators of the King James Bible chose to use the English word passion is Acts 1:3, "To whom he [Jesus] showed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God."
- From this verse, we have come to associate the passion of Christ with the final hours of suffering he endured from the last supper through the crucifixion.
- Of the forty times this Greek word is used in the New Testament, all but three of them are translated "suffer" in the King James.
- Historically passion has always been associated with suffering in one way or another.
- For Jesus, taking up the cross represents…
Pain and sufferings
Trials and testing
Betrayal and denial
Inconvenience and discomfort
Sacrifice and death
- Yet it is also a reflection of His obedience and an expression of a beautiful life.
- The cross is the ultimate revelation of the love of God.
- Oswald Chambers writes, "In the Cross we may see the dimensions of Divine love. The Cross is not the cross of a man, but the exhibition of the heart of God. At the back of the wall of the world stands God with His arms outstretched, and every man driven there is driven into the arms of God. The Cross of Jesus is the supreme evidence of the love of God."
- The ultimate test of passion is what price we are willing to pay to pursue it? (Mark 10:21-22)Taking up the cross means letting go of our possessions, priorities, people and personal agendas.
1 Corinthians 2:2 – For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3. A 24/7 Christian Tells Lost People About Jesus At All Times (Acts 5:42; 19:9)
- As believers, we are called to advance God’s kingdom on earth, “plundering hell to populate heaven,” as Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke says.
- As believers, we are called to be a prophetic voice, to express the heart and mind of the Spirit, to convict, to warn, to cry out; to comfort, to heal, to help.
- The reason why Satan has been winning the battle for this generation is that his servants are more hungry, more committed, more serious, more devoted than most of the servants of the Lord.
- This must stop now! Let us today, in the words of Count Zinzendorf, go and win for the Lamb the reward of His sacrifice. He is so worthy and His work is so wonderful!