Summary: An evangelistic message to motivate the church to witnessing
FIVE THINGS IN HELL THAT SHOULD BE IN EVERY CHURCH
INTRO: The Scriptures we have just read is a very familiar passage of Scripture to us. We all know the story about Lazarus and the rich man, but there are some deeper thoughts we would do well to think about today. In light of this passage of Scripture, I would call them FIVE THINGS THAT ARE IN HELL THAT SHOULD BE IN EVERY CHURCH.
1. The rich man had compassion.
(1) He was in torment.
(2) He didn’t want his brothers to come to where he was.
(3) His compassion was too late.
2. We need more compassion in our church.
(1) We need to have compassion for those suffering and in need.
(2) Ours should not be a selfish compassion like the rich man’s.
(3) We must not wait until too late.
1. The fires of Hell never die.
(1) He was suffering in flames.
(2) If anyone doesn’t believe in Hell, let him read this passage of Scripture.
2. We need some fire in the Church.
(1) Not the burning kind of Hell.
(2) Rather the fire of God in our hearts.
1. Rich man had tears of pain.
2. We need tears over our suffering, dying, lost, world.
IV. MISSIONARY VISION.
1. He wanted someone to go to his brothers.
2. We have the chance to go, but we won̓t go.
1. He had love for his lost brothers.
2. We have love only for ourselves.
CONC: If we were to put these five things into practice in our churches, we wouldn’t have a lot of people who belong but never come, we wouldn’t have financial problems, we would n̓t be bickering in the church between members, in fact, we wouldn’t have any problems at all.